• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

astrobuoy

Reaction score
Speaking of how others style their DBF, this is how I styled this season’s plum overshirt as part of my proposal fit. I had on a grayish green Lady White Co tee, the plum overshirt, ecru chino-style jeans from Document Korea, and some brown suede chukkas from Alden. Looking back, I’m very happy with how the fit came out!
Congrats! Sorry if you've written this elsewhere but I've been eyeing the plum overshirt for months and am thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm deciding between the medium and large. What size did you go for? The medium seems like a good fit for me given the shoulder and chest measurements but I'm typically a large, and they suggest that it's true to size...

zranger102797

Reaction score
Congrats! Sorry if you've written this elsewhere but I've been eyeing the plum overshirt for months and am thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm deciding between the medium and large. What size did you go for? The medium seems like a good fit for me given the shoulder and chest measurements but I'm typically a large, and they suggest that it's true to size...
Personally I find DBF sizing is very garment dependent. I have a rust knit polo from a few seasons ago I had to size up to XL for; my mockneck and cable knit sweater from this season I sized down to medium and am very happy I did; and the plum overshirt I stayed TTS and went with a large, which I’m also glad I did. If you’re typically a large, I feel that TTS is safe for the plum overshirt.

astrobuoy

Reaction score
Personally I find DBF sizing is very garment dependent. I have a rust knit polo from a few seasons ago I had to size up to XL for; my mockneck and cable knit sweater from this season I sized down to medium and am very happy I did; and the plum overshirt I stayed TTS and went with a large, which I’m also glad I did. If you’re typically a large, I feel that TTS is safe for the plum overshirt.
Awesome, that's super helpful to know. I haven't owned anything from DBF for years and years, from back when they sold through Unionmade, but the overshirt really caught my eye. Your fit looks great!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it @Easily Amused ! Share some photos of the balloon trousers if you happen to have them 😉
@jtorres94, here is a comparison of the Hiking Olive and Balloon White trousers (pardon the rumpling and dirty mirror). Overall the Balloon is roomier and higher-waisted. I've seen the word "scultpural" used for the Balloon - with product shots, I had a hard time telling, but when I actually wear it I can see for myself that there definitely is a unique shape with it.

I wear the same size 52 for both, but need to have the Hiking hemmed and taken in at the waist, whereas the Balloon needs no additional tailoring. Hope this help!

DBF Comparison Hiking Trousers Olive vs Baloon Trousers White_Iron Heart Thermal Indigo.png

atbunnag

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a gorgeous size 48 Forest Puppy-tooth one pleat trouser in wool flannel? Unworn. It’s a size too big for me. I’m willing to let it go for 280 USD.

Also have a button down green check in cotton flannel in M. It’s also a size too big for me. Unworn. Willing to part with it for 220 USD.

DM me for more information if you’re interested.

ucla bruin

Reaction score
I recently picked up the plum overshirt and love it so much that I’m trying to track down the navy check version from last year. Let me know if anyone has a size M they would like to sell.

IMG_3037.jpeg

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Personally, I like the lightweight jackets/outerwear most. Pants are also usually a highlight, but I probably have too many pants already.

I hope for slub cotton pieces or cotton/linen blends. Such as a summer take on the Maquignon jacket with matching trouser. Or a summer suit.

I am not in for 100% linen and not so much about easy pants either.

The tropical wool suit SS20 was a favourite and still is!

Henry S

Reaction score
When you send an email to the team (not using their form), do you receive an email confirming its receipt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads