• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody know if a pair of the navy wool seersucker drawstring pants from last season are available anywhere in a 52? maybe even 54?
Or if that fabric was used in other trousers that are around in a 52?
I'm trying to complete the set with the traveller jacket.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question as someone new to DBF grandad coats (just bought the undyed tweed from DBF's website). Is there a known factor why some grandad coats have rounded lapels, and some have pointy lapels? Can see the difference in the tweed vs the green. Love the rounded. Pointy is nice too, but rounded is what's making me pull the trigger on the one I went with.

Also, perusing the site, if anyone has that camel hair from 3-4 years ago for sale in a 50 (or maybe 52) lemme know. And DBF, any chance something like that gets run again for anyone? I'm a sucker for camelhair overcoats.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
I love the corduroy suits this season. To everybody new to DBF the cord is absolutely
astonishing. I have several cord-set ups and they all gotten a real nice patina, forget about deforestation on knees or elbows.

However, totally miss the working cuffs that usually was a part of the DBF-style. I've bought two DBF- suits and having a third one without cuffs would feel a bit disappointing.

I see this trend on several brands now, Drake's, DBF, Arpenteur etc. I wonder if it's about style or costs. If the latter I'd definitely put some extra money for that detail. Hope working cuffs will be back in the future.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, totally miss the working cuffs that usually was a part of the DBF-style. I've bought two DBF- suits and having a third one without cuffs would feel a bit disappointing.

I see this trend on several brands now, Drake's, DBF, Arpenteur etc. I wonder if it's about style or costs. If the latter I'd definitely put some extra money for that detail. Hope working cuffs will be back in the future.
IMO working cuffs do not belong on RTW jackets. Great if the sleeve length happens to be correct for your body, awful if not.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
I love the corduroy suits this season. To everybody new to DBF the cord is absolutely
astonishing. I have several cord-set ups and they all gotten a real nice patina, forget about deforestation on knees or elbows.

IMO working cuffs do not belong on RTW jackets. Great if the sleeve length happens to be correct for your body, awful if not.
Interesting, never thought about that. Do you believe working cuffs belongs to tailor made/MTO? So rather no buttons at all on RTW? (Or fake ones?)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, never thought about that. Do you believe working cuffs belongs to tailor made/MTO? So rather no buttons at all on RTW? (Or fake ones?)
The problem with working cuffs is that they are much more difficult to alter. The buttonholes can’t be moved (they are literally holes in the fabric) so anything more than 0.25-0.5” sleeve length alterations have to be done from the shoulder end of the sleeve. This is much more expensive and risky depending on the tailor’s expertise.

For RTW I prefer either unfinished cuffs on higher end jackets or just sewn on buttons. Even fake buttonholes can be problematic to unpick without damaging the fabric.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
I see! Yeah I usually have them done up at the shoulder. Only problem in my experience is when there are squares in the pattern that has to be fixed in line with the body, but my tailor took care also of that. Super happy with her, took several years to find...

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All DBF today! The new Cardigan Jacket with a slightly shorter length, Essential T, Aquarelle bandana, and olive Hiking Trousers (barely visible here).

DBF Cardigan Jacket Plum_Hiking Trousers_Tshirt_Bandana.jpg
DBF Cardigan Jacket Plum_Tshirt_Bandana.jpg

Strumbeck

Reaction score
DBF_ESHOP_PART2_-1813.jpg

HI EVERYONE!
Does anyone have the greige tailored wool flannel trousers from AW19 shown in this picture? Size 50. I'd like to buy an extra pair.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings! In case anyone here may have the FW22 Overshirt in navy wool plaid and are willing to sell it, let me know. Thanks.

View attachment 2035387

Thanks to @DuckOB for the navy plaid overshirt! (Here with the yak-cotton T and undyed Hiking Trousers.) Looking forward to impending cooler weather.

DBF_Navy Check Overshirt_Undeyed Hiking Trousers_Yak T_buttoned.jpg

I actually never was interested in overshirts/shirt jackets previously. Then DBF released this last year, and *click*! Awaiting the plum check overshirt from this season - @De Bonne Facture team, may I get an ETA on my order? ;)

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTB: DBF Grandad Coat Size EU46 Color: Brown or Charcoal

I am interested in purchasing a pre-owned De Bonne Facture Grandad Coat in either brown or charcoal in size EU 46. I prefer dark brown over camel. If someone is interested in selling one, please DM me. Thanks.

Last edited:

deborah_dbf

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to @DuckOB for the navy plaid overshirt! (Here with the yak-cotton T and undyed Hiking Trousers.) Looking forward to impending cooler weather.

View attachment 2044671

I actually never was interested in overshirts/shirt jackets previously. Then DBF released this last year, and *click*! Awaiting the plum check overshirt from this season - @De Bonne Facture team, may I get an ETA on my order? ;)
Matthieu who is now handling customer care will soon be on Style Forum if all goes well !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads