• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Visiblo

Reaction score
Hi! I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on balloon trousers, but I was wondering about their sizing. I'm 6ft, 170-180lbs (Not working out vs clean bulking), and I'm normally between 32US and 33US which makes buying pants particularly difficult. Should I go for the 48 or 50?

Many thanks,
Félix

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on balloon trousers, but I was wondering about their sizing. I'm 6ft, 170-180lbs (Not working out vs clean bulking), and I'm normally between 32US and 33US which makes buying pants particularly difficult. Should I go for the 48 or 50?

Many thanks,
Félix
im a 31 usually and got the 48 and it just fits around the waist, snugly. 50 would have been more comfortable. based on my experience you might even want to consider 52? sorry for adding more confusion.

YoungM

Reaction score

Many thanks,
Félix
I run a little larger than you - 190-200, and 34-35, and while I can squeeze into the 50s, the 52 fits well. I think you'd likely find irritatingly large in the waist.

15stepsthen

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for some sizing/fit info for the Maquignon jacket! Sizing seems a bit conflicting on different websites. Some say to size down a lot but I'm not sure! I'm 5'6" 160lbs. I have the voiles ships linen camp collar shirt in an M size that fits perfectly. I also have a couple linen oversized t-shirts in size M and they fit perfectly as well. Should I got true to size, perhaps one size down? I'm really in love with the jacket and just want to make sure before I purchase, thanks!
Hello! Sorry but does anyone have any advice on what size I should try? Thanks in advance!

deborah_dbf

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello! Sorry but does anyone have any advice on what size I should try? Thanks in advance!
I would say to go true to size while accepting the fit is a little boxy ! those t-shirts are quite ample, so is the camp collar shirt. but maybe someone on the forum has a real life example to share with this jacket that will inform you better !

Visiblo

Reaction score
I run a little larger than you - 190-200, and 34-35, and while I can squeeze into the 50s, the 52 fits well. I think you'd likely find irritatingly large in the waist.
The easy shorts in 50 fit me perfectly, so given what you just said, I assume the 50 will fit me decently well. Thanks!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, previews of FW 23 pieces!!! Should I go for a seventh cardigan jacket?

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.40.26 AM.png Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.40.41 AM.png Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.40.46 AM.png Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.40.57 AM.png

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings! In case anyone here may have the FW22 Overshirt in navy wool plaid and are willing to sell it, let me know. Thanks.

De_Bonne_Facture_France_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_Heavy_Wool_Overshirt_Navy_plaid_Front.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Fish