• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lapel fit/alteration advice needed

Grom

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking for awhile and really love this board. OK, I made an eBay purchase ... a fresco Sartorio Napoli identical, save color, to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I received it today and am wondering if I need to send it back due to a fit problem. More specifically, the shoulders fit well, and there is seemingly enough room in the chest; however, when I button the coat, there is a very noticeable break in the lapel line ... i.e. they bend downwards toward the stomach a few inches above the botton stance. In The Elegant Man, p. 83, it is described as an "Arched Lapel."

So my question is: Can this problem be remedied by alteration? Or should I just resolve to send it back?

I've got 48 hours to make a decision, so your imput is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can you show a picture of the problem?

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%