• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Any opinions on those items, esp the sunglasses? I have a couple items coming from LE as well...

Waiting on the LE Canvas scarf in true navy gingham. I assume it's going to be similar to the material and pattern on the pocket squares and poplin shirts. I have a Canvas poplin shirt in that light blue gingham which I like a lot. It's a nice spr/sum color.

Also have tailored fit navy polo from regular LE coming. I had tried the new polos in the regular fit, sized down, and it actually fit pretty nicely. The tailored fit I'm hoping will be even better. I get the feeling that their polo shirts are going to shrink which will actually be good if it does.

The tailored fit Legacy chinos from the Heritage Collection (LE, not LE Canvas) is really nice yr-round weight. I was going to pick up a pair of the Heritage Chinos from LE Canvas but chose these instead because of the custom hemming.

And yes, confusing labels. I actually mentioned this to them. LE Canvas has items labeled Heritage. LE has Heritage Collection with items labeled Legacy.

Yeah, the heritage thing is annoying.

I actually got the tailored fit navy polo from the regular LE (as well as the iris/purple and a basic white polo). It's okay, could have been slightly more tapered and slightly shorter and it would have been perfect for me (I'm 6'1" and got the L, though).

As for the pocket squares, I haven't pulled them out of the plastic yet but they look like they'll be useful with my linen suit, especially if I go without a tie, or just wear the jacket with denim. I'm thinking that the material for all that gingham stuff is the same. I'll know when my navy gingham custom shirt finally shows up (it'll probably be another 5-6 weeks).

I also liked the LE canvas wayfarer sunglasses, but mainly because I hit the jackpot in terms of sizing and fit. They seem to have perfect proportions for me. I'm thinking I'll wear them tomorrow outside, if its sunny.

The LE non-iron is just another non-iron shirt, same as all the rest of the non-iron stuff. Just another bluish shirt that I'll wear to work, probably with denim and nice bluchers or boots.

I would like to try some of the trousers, but I just recently dropped some weight and a ton of slim stuff from 5~10 years ago now fits me again, so my selection of trousers have nearly doubled (I had gone from a 35 to a 36, and then back to 34~35 again). So I am holding off trouser purchases for a while and just enjoying wearing all my old stuff.

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Just got the polo. The weave is smaller than I expected, feels a bit smoother than my J Crew piques. The collar is flimsier than I'd like. Overall, though, the fit is good. For twenty bucks I'm pretty satisfied.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Went to a Sears nearby where they had a whole seciton devoted to LE Canvas. Not very impressed. You could find better shirts at a Target for less.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ This. It's really still only Lands End.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a chambray and an oxford. I scanned through the past few pages, but didn't see any mention of the fit. I'm at the lower range of medium with 38 chest, 15.5 neck, and 32 sleeves. The descriptions say tailored fit, but do these fit slim? Trying to figure out if I need to size down to small for a more fitted look. If it helps, I fit perfectly in Zara M jackets/sweaters.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Not sure if this has been posted, but here's what I got for measurements in inches for LE Canvas/Heritage shirts in a product inquiry.

S - 42.5 chest, 39.5 waist, 29.5 length, 33.75 sleeve
M - 45.5 chest, 42.5 waist, 30 length, 34.75 sleeve
L - 49.5 chest, 46.5 waist, 30.5 length, 35.75 sleeve
XL - 53.5 chest, 50.5 waist, 31 length, 36.75 sleeve

Was really hoping that the L would be more in the 47 or 48 chest and 42 to 44 waist range, since the sleeve and shirt length looks good for me. I don't know why it is a 3 inch jump from S to M for the chest and waist, and then a 4 inch jump for M to L.

Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I don't think those are accurate. I remember emailing them when they first started selling stuff and the chest was 1.5" smaller and shoulders .5" smaller than what they told me (on all 3 chambrays I bought). My mediums are 44" chest and 18" shoulders.

And yeah, they did raise the prices. The chambray was only $32.50 when I bought them around Christmas.

Originally Posted by Robert
Call customer service.

I don't think that's helpful - LE customer service seems to get it wrong every now and then. Anyway, the measurements I reposted above are what LE customer service gave me, and there's also a response to my post listing an actual measurement for size M which differs from what LE customer service gave me for LE Canvas/Heritage (when I emailed them, I gave them product codes for LE Canvas items).

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
I sent them an email, but didn't get a response yet, and I'm hoping to use a promo code that expires on monday. If a medium is 44" chest and 18" shoulders, then I'll probably size down as my well-fitting casual shirts are 17" shoulders and well under 44" chest when measured flat.

Calden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I also liked the LE canvas wayfarer sunglasses, but mainly because I hit the jackpot in terms of sizing and fit. They seem to have perfect proportions for me. I'm thinking I'll wear them tomorrow outside, if its sunny.

Do you (or anyone else) have fit pics of the wayfarers? It would be nice how big they are.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Harrington jacket last weekend and have worn it all week. It's a really nice piece for the money if anybody is considering it. The fit isn't perfect...the large fit in the body but was just too short for me so I went XL which is a little big in the body, but not too bad at all (and I'm not a small guy...obviously) but the quality is solid and I'm finding it very functional. To be honest cheap jackets like this don't usually do it for me, I went out planning to get a Barbour last weekend but I just didn't feel like dropping almost $400 for one...this is what I went with instead and I honestly am happy with my choice.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
Do you (or anyone else) have fit pics of the wayfarers? It would be nice how big they are.

Not really all that excited about putting my face on the internet, but I will try to get measurements later tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads