• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait, the stuff in Sears is just Lands End right?

I tried on thier Harrington today, $69, the Small fit similar to my slimfit 36S Baracuta...Not bad for the price, if they had an XS id pick one up, but of course they dont.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
wait, the stuff in Sears is just Lands End right?

I tried on thier Harrington today, $69, the Small fit similar to my slimfit 36S Baracuta...Not bad for the price, if they had an XS id pick one up, but of course they dont.

They are opening Canvas sections in some Sears stores.

FYI, the employees don't get an employee discount on Canvas items. Lame.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Not really all that excited about putting my face on the internet, but I will try to get measurements later tonight.
I measured 1 and 5/8th for the frame height and 5 and 3/8th for the frame width, and 5 and 5/8th for the temple length. Unit is inches, conversion is 25.4 mm to an inch, I think. Hope that helps. I'm not sure what's the best way to measure the lens width and the bridge width, which is what I think is usually given when ordering prescription frames.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist
Sure, MARCH22 and pin 7498 for free shipping. It works for Canada too.

Last day for this code. Apparently it has 25% off select swimwear in addition to the free shipping. I wasn't seeing a 25% off on my Order Review page, so I fired up their Live Chat, and the nice lady on the other end told me to put in the order and adjusted the price for me afterwards. Just FYI if you're buying swimwear also.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Well, if this hadn't jumped the shark already...

The grey chambray was featured in GQ this month. It's now sold out in every size on the site.

I know the quality is lacking but for $40, the chambrays are decent casual shirts. I've been wearing the grey, indigo and white versions since Christmas and they've held up well. They'll make great summer shirts since they're lightweight and I won't be worried about them getting too roughed up at the cottage, camping, etc.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their pocket squares were also featured on GQ's Web site recently. I hesitated too long and now most of back-ordered until the end of April.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Their pocket squares were also featured on GQ's Web site recently. I hesitated too long and now most of back-ordered until the end of April.

I got the light blue and the navy blue gingham LE Canvas pocket squares during one of the 20 or 25% off sales. They're okay, probably better than what they charge. Great for those times when you don't want to wear a tie.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I got the light blue and the navy blue gingham LE Canvas pocket squares during one of the 20 or 25% off sales. They're okay, probably better than what they charge. Great for those times when you don't want to wear a tie.

You must have a very thin neck.
lol8[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
You must have a very thin neck.
lol8[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

I have no idea as to why you would conclude that wearing pocket squares (these are the one's one wears by putting in the jacket breast pocket), with or without a tie, means one has a thin neck. edit: ah, like around the neck. Ha ha, no. It's perfect in the pocket of my linen suit and a white shirt/no tie. Pocket square basically takes the role of the tie.

Matt44

Reaction score
In case anyone's holding out for a special discount, I just chatted online with a customer rep and didn't get any love for a discount. I even made it clear that I'd make a bigger purchase if I had discount and no luck (I was hoping for the 25% off, with free shipping ...greedy, I know). Also, they're out of the Chambray in Grey, and it's not back-ordered or anything.

GQ1

Reaction score
I received the Oxford shirts in size small. They have a nice fit with slim arms that compliment the slim overall fit. They're short in length to be worn untucked. The sleeves, I believe, are equivalent to 32. I think I'm going to try the poplin shirts next.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQ1
I received the Oxford shirts in size small. They have a nice fit with slim arms that compliment the slim overall fit. They're short in length to be worn untucked. The sleeves, I believe, are equivalent to 32. I think I'm going to try the poplin shirts next.

+1

I just got a package of 4 things from LE Canvas (it was 25% off + free shipping...)
Got a jersey polo, v-neck tee, blue/white striped oxford, and vintage fleece sweatshirt.
Figured people would be interested in measurements and such...

jersey polo
-fit surprisingly slim, soft fabric- though really thin
ptp- 18.5, shoulder- 16, length 25.25F-26.5B

Tee
-fits good, fabric was average
ptp 18.5, shoulder 16, length 26

Oxford
-fit was surprisingly slim: fits pretty slim through the chest but not tight on me, and the sleeves really do fit quite slim
Fabric was soft, not very rigid...more like the sort of fabric on the rugger oxfords that epaulet has than stiff like the RRL oxfords
ptp 19, shoulder 16.5, length 27.75, sleeve 23.5

All three fit great on me (36-37 chest), maybe not amazing quality- but well worth it as beaters/backups, especially w/ the 25% off and free shipping.

The vintage fleece.....fit like *********** body, the fabric/color/softness are all great, but it fits like a sack in the body so I didn't even take measurements I just threw it back in the packaging...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1

I just got a package of 4 things from LE Canvas (it was 25% off + free shipping...)
Got a jersey polo, v-neck tee, blue/white striped oxford, and vintage fleece sweatshirt.
Figured people would be interested in measurements and such...

jersey polo
-fit surprisingly slim, soft fabric- though really thin
ptp- 18.5, shoulder- 16, length 25.25F-26.5B

Tee
-fits good, fabric was average
ptp 18.5, shoulder 16, length 26

Oxford
-fit was surprisingly slim: fits pretty slim through the chest but not tight on me, and the sleeves really do fit quite slim
Fabric was soft, not very rigid...more like the sort of fabric on the rugger oxfords that epaulet has than stiff like the RRL oxfords
ptp 19, shoulder 16.5, length 27.75, sleeve 23.5

All three fit great on me (36-37 chest), maybe not amazing quality- but well worth it as beaters/backups, especially w/ the 25% off and free shipping.

The vintage fleece.....fit like *********** body, the fabric/color/softness are all great, but it fits like a sack in the body so I didn't even take measurements I just threw it back in the packaging...

I thought I had nothing to buy when received the F&F event email.
Now I'm intrigued but the event has ended. Hateful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads