• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Landan 2012 Olympics

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opening ceremony tonight, anybody going in from abroad?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cannot wait for the tennis matches. :slayer:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I cannot wait for the tennis matches. :slayer:

First and only time players will be wearing color at the All England Club. It's going to be a strange sight.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First and only time players will be wearing color at the All England Club. It's going to be a strange sight.

I just hope they don't go overboard. Nothing too ethnic, please.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to say I can't name a single Team USA member besides Phelps, Lochte, Tyson Gay, Misty May Treanor, or those on the basketball team (sad DRose has to sit this one out)

Seems to be a lot less hype in the news about this Olympics compared to Beijing

I'm looking forward to Danny Boyle's opening ceremony show. He has said that it will feature cloud seeding (silver iodide = artificial rain)

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you misspell the host city's name to avoid any sort of licensing fees?
Good point mods please change "Olympics" to "generic sporting event" so I don't get prosecuted.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say I can't name a single Team USA member besides Phelps, Lochte, Tyson Gay, Misty May Treanor, or those on the basketball team (sad DRose has to sit this one out)
Seems to be a lot less hype in the news about this Olympics compared to Beijing
I'm looking forward to Danny Boyle's opening ceremony show. He has said that it will feature cloud seeding (silver iodide = artificial rain)
Probably because everyone knows we haven't got as much money or people nor the need to put out a positive friendly image to cover up our human rights record.

The opening ceremony better be good because there's no way we or any other country can put on a better dance show and party than the Brazilians.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many Olympians, past and present, abide by what Summer Sanders, a swimmer who won two gold medals, a silver and a bronze in Barcelona, calls the second Olympic motto: "What happens in the village stays in the village." Yet if you ask enough active and retired athletes often enough to spill their secrets, the village gates will fly open. It quickly becomes clear that, summer or winter, the games go on long after the medal ceremony. "There's a lot of sex going on," says women's soccer goalkeeper Hope Solo, a gold medalist in 2008. How much sex? "I'd say it's 70 percent to 75 percent of Olympians," offers world-record-holding swimmer Ryan Lochte, who will be in London for his third Games. "Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do."

:bounce2:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/...s-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like my idea of heaven.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is that crazy golf course about? Jeremy **** throwing a bell at some poor woman, off to a good start :)

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have that you kangaroo shagging bastards :slayer:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of the 38 million Brits watching this **** on here?

Thought it was pretty good but foreigners probably won't get the Mr Bean reference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads