• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste Polos -- Where is the best place to buy?

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Several currently on sale at Saks. Some light, pastel-like solid colors at US$45 (down from US$75) and the vintage washed version is US$53, down from US$88. If you get one of the vintage shirts, go down one size because they are enormous. There are stripes and long sleeves and sweaters on sale at Saks as well. Try the link below or just go to Saks.com.

By the way, Lacoste quality has deteriorated and their style/shape seems a bit off. The collars that were stiff enough to stand straight up in the preppy hayday are now too thin/weak to do so. Not that anyone does that anymore, but they collars don't lay as nicely. The shape is rather full, especially at the hem; it's almost like a bell shape. They're certainly not trim or fitted. The hem no longer has the tennis tail (well, the womens version does, but not the mens). Instead, it has a t-shirt hem with a small notch cutout that serves no purpose that I can tell.

Too bad, IMO, because I was drawn to the traditional and perhaps historic look. Now I have moved on to look for alternatives. J Crew's vintage polos are slim/trim/fitted. Granted, much of J Crew's quality has diminished in recent years, but they shirts were cheap at 2 for US$60. They fitt better than the Lacoste, without the gator logo, for half the price.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...1374&ev19=2:10

cckarthik310

Reaction score
L1.jpg
L3.jpg
L4.jpg

L2.jpg

cckarthik310

Reaction score
Hi All I bought the above shirt in clearance sale.Origibal price 239 Singapore dollars,
offer price is just 49 Singapore dollars
Does this shirt look good? I have a feeling this shirt looks dull and old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads