• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste Polos -- Where is the best place to buy?

M. Charles

Reaction score
Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy authentic Lacoste polos? I would be interested in the original polo in solid colors. Thanks.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few places that sell them in Canada, but they always end up being the same price, I doubt LaCoste would let a third-party distributor undercut their price so the only possible way to find them cheaper in a store would be at the LaCoste store, however, they rarely, if ever, put them on sale.

Your best bet is a reputable online seller on e-bay, although I bought three a couple years ago from what looked like a good seller and they were all most definitely fake.

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
There are a few places that sell them in Canada, but they always end up being the same price, I doubt LaCoste would let a third-party distributor undercut their price so the only possible way to find them cheaper in a store would be at the LaCoste store, however, they rarely, if ever, put them on sale.

Your best bet is a reputable online seller on e-bay, although I bought three a couple years ago from what looked like a good seller and they were all most definitely fake.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. Does anyone know if stores like Nordstrom and Macy's ever put the standard, basic polos on sale? Nordstrom right now has sales on some Lacoste stuff, but not on the basics.

Pressfan

Reaction score
Lacoste shops in the U.S. (not in Canada, unfortunately), will put the seasonal colours of basic polos on sale twice a year (summer and after Christmas). The seasonal colours are everything except the eight basic colours of navy, light blue, yellow, red, pink, burgundy, black and white, which never seem to be discounted. The discount is usually 25%, if I remember correctly.

I have seen basic polos in seasonal colours on sale at department stores such as Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor, but the selection is usually very limited, unlike the Lacoste stores.

In Canada, it is company policy never to put basics on sale. The best you can hope for is a preferred customer event where you may select a polo in a discontinued colour if you spend a minimum amount on a certain day.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macys, you can get a coupon here and there that will work on them.

lithium180

Reaction score
I am also curious about this, although I am looking specifically for the Made in France polos.

Anybody have an inkling on getting those online? Or even at their American shops? I seem to only ever see the Peruvian shirts.

bcate3

Reaction score
I've found the polo bought at the lacoste store slimmer cut than the one from bloomies -- both are same sized, have had multiple washings & i believe made in peru.

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by morph07
be careful if you are planning to buy on ebay!... might landed on a knock off...

Yeah, I'm avoiding ebay.

JOA

Reaction score
But, you can get really good vintage ones (w/ the tennis tails, Patron-sized) on eBay. I've bought several this way for under $15/per.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
But, you can get really good vintage ones (w/ the tennis tails, Patron-sized) on eBay. I've bought several this way for under $15/per.

You have to wade through a lot of fake muck to find a real one, and even then you're not sure until you get it.

Although, if you buy one on eBay and it looks so good you any everyone else can't tell the difference, then I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it.

I bought a tie on eBay a short time ago that I'm still trying to figure out if it's a real Zegna. Completely inconclusive, and I even went to the Zegna store.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lithium180
I am also curious about this, although I am looking specifically for the Made in France polos.

Anybody have an inkling on getting those online? Or even at their American shops? I seem to only ever see the Peruvian shirts.

These are getting harder and harder to find. I had a silver logo light blue one I bought a year ago and it was made in France, this year I saw a few silver ones made in third-world countries. I even have a green-logo dress **** that was made in France, purchased it 2 years ago, all subsequent dress shirts with the green-logo have been made in third-world countries.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lacoste polos are very often on sale (50% off) on Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus's websites. I bought a couple there for less than $50 a piece

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Romania considered a Third World country?

I think my Romanian Lacoste polo isn't too bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads