Lacoste Polos -- Where is the best place to buy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by M. Charles, Apr 17, 2008.

1. M. Charles

M. Charles Senior member

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy authentic Lacoste polos? I would be interested in the original polo in solid colors. Thanks.

2. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

There are a few places that sell them in Canada, but they always end up being the same price, I doubt LaCoste would let a third-party distributor undercut their price so the only possible way to find them cheaper in a store would be at the LaCoste store, however, they rarely, if ever, put them on sale.

Your best bet is a reputable online seller on e-bay, although I bought three a couple years ago from what looked like a good seller and they were all most definitely fake.

3. M. Charles

M. Charles Senior member

There are a few places that sell them in Canada, but they always end up being the same price, I doubt LaCoste would let a third-party distributor undercut their price so the only possible way to find them cheaper in a store would be at the LaCoste store, however, they rarely, if ever, put them on sale.

Your best bet is a reputable online seller on e-bay, although I bought three a couple years ago from what looked like a good seller and they were all most definitely fake.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. Does anyone know if stores like Nordstrom and Macy's ever put the standard, basic polos on sale? Nordstrom right now has sales on some Lacoste stuff, but not on the basics.

4. Pressfan

Pressfan Well-Known Member

Lacoste shops in the U.S. (not in Canada, unfortunately), will put the seasonal colours of basic polos on sale twice a year (summer and after Christmas). The seasonal colours are everything except the eight basic colours of navy, light blue, yellow, red, pink, burgundy, black and white, which never seem to be discounted. The discount is usually 25%, if I remember correctly.

I have seen basic polos in seasonal colours on sale at department stores such as Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor, but the selection is usually very limited, unlike the Lacoste stores.

In Canada, it is company policy never to put basics on sale. The best you can hope for is a preferred customer event where you may select a polo in a discontinued colour if you spend a minimum amount on a certain day.

5. invalid_user

invalid_user Member

Costco! They recently began selling them...at least at my store.

6. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    Macys, you can get a coupon here and there that will work on them.

7. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

I am also curious about this, although I am looking specifically for the Made in France polos.

Anybody have an inkling on getting those online? Or even at their American shops? I seem to only ever see the Peruvian shirts.

8. bcate3

bcate3 Senior member

I've found the polo bought at the lacoste store slimmer cut than the one from bloomies -- both are same sized, have had multiple washings & i believe made in peru.

9. M. Charles

M. Charles Senior member

be careful if you are planning to buy on ebay!... might landed on a knock off...

Yeah, I'm avoiding ebay.

10. JOA

JOA Senior member

But, you can get really good vintage ones (w/ the tennis tails, Patron-sized) on eBay. I've bought several this way for under $15/per.

11. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    But, you can get really good vintage ones (w/ the tennis tails, Patron-sized) on eBay. I've bought several this way for under $15/per.

You have to wade through a lot of fake muck to find a real one, and even then you're not sure until you get it.

Although, if you buy one on eBay and it looks so good you any everyone else can't tell the difference, then I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it.

I bought a tie on eBay a short time ago that I'm still trying to figure out if it's a real Zegna. Completely inconclusive, and I even went to the Zegna store.

12. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

I am also curious about this, although I am looking specifically for the Made in France polos.

Anybody have an inkling on getting those online? Or even at their American shops? I seem to only ever see the Peruvian shirts.

These are getting harder and harder to find. I had a silver logo light blue one I bought a year ago and it was made in France, this year I saw a few silver ones made in third-world countries. I even have a green-logo dress shit that was made in France, purchased it 2 years ago, all subsequent dress shirts with the green-logo have been made in third-world countries.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Lacoste polos are very often on sale (50% off) on Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus's websites. I bought a couple there for less than $50 a piece

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Is Romania considered a Third World country?

I think my Romanian Lacoste polo isn't too bad.

15. chuckseabreeze

chuckseabreeze Senior member

I'm pretty sure I saw certain colors on sale on lacoste.com recently.