• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kidd Traded to Mavs

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Durant has not been impressive this season at all. I'm with charles barkley. I'd rather have horford. Durant isn't that good, he just shoots a ****** percentage and sometimes they fall in. Doesn't board, create for others or play defense like he did in college. If he was just a one dimensional scorer in college, he wouldn't have been the potential #1 pick. The hype was about his all around game. He still has time because he's young, but i expected a bit more than just 20ppg on 38-40% shooting. That's not impressive at all considering he gets more touches than anyone on the team, the points are bound to happen....If the hawks squeak into the playoffs, i think Horford has to be the ROY.

Well, again, Durant has no supporting cast while Horford has Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and Josh Childress at least, who have all been playing together for several years. Horford just has to jump in and play the dirty man, which he has done well. Durant, meanwhile, is playing shooting guard, which limits his rebounding opportunities (in fact, he is a good rebounder for a "guard"). Also, you have to take into account that Durant plays in the West, where he has to play against better teams and better defenses more often. I don't know what Carlesimo is doing, but I promise you this--Horford wouldn't be accomplishing jack in Seattle while Durant would probably even more impressive in Atlanta. It says something that Durant is able to accomplish what he has for a team that's at the beginning of a five-year rebuilding plan.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What has he accomplished though? I mean, the sonics know they're going to suck for a year or 3, so they're just letting durant get all the shooting out of his system. When they're better he'll have to actually play well and learn how to play nba ball instead of just a shoot around with 9 other guys on the court. Horford would be doing what he has been doing anywhere. He gets a lot of garbage points, creates for himself on the block, boards well and plays good defense. If anything, Durant wouldn't be doing what he's doing on any other team. If he was on a decent team he wouldn't get the 18+ shots he's getting on the sonics. He's a volume scorer, not a 7-11 type guy. Without the 18-20 shots helping him get 20 points, what would he be? A bad defender, a sub-par rebounder for his size? Horford plays good D, boards, and is a well rounded player. Can't say the same for durant.

Durant does have a ton of potential though but this year, it's just not very impressive. He needs to learn to adapt to the nba game a bit more and work on his all around game like he did in college.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of that.

Later, I will formulate an epic post about how great it was to be a Gator during that run, but I don't want tears of joy to start pouring out while I'm at work.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Did you go to the various celebrations on university and buckman? I made it to 3 out of 4 of them.

Uh, 4? Was there a title in women's swimming I wasn't aware of?

I went to the last 2. For the first one I was in Indianapolis and couldn't make it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads