• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang Black Plaintoe Balmoral Shoes 9D/43!!! Saphir'd and ready to wear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseMenOfGotham

Reaction score
SOLD!!!

Up for sale is a pair of Kent Wang Plaintoe Balmoral shoes in Black leather, size 43/9D US. I purchased the shoes just about a year ago and wore them 12 times. I recently did a complete Saphir treatment, including Renomat, 3 layers of cream polish, 1 layer of wax polish and 4 additional layers of wax polish on the toe for a mirror-like finish.

Kent Wang's description:

"Plaintoe balmoral design, the only black shoe you'll ever need. Even more formal than a captoe, the plaintoe balmoral is the only shoe that can be worn with both a tuxedo and a conventional suit. Appropriate for black tie, job interviews, funerals, and everyday city wear.

This design is surprisingly rare. One of the only other makers of plaintoe balmorals is Alden, though, as depicted in Photo 6, our last is more elegant.

Classic, yet sleek, round toe last. Traditional English design and styling. Full-grain Italian calfskin. Goodyear-welted construction. Channeled soles. Beveled waist. We guarantee the quality rivals shoes twice its price."

Regarding the sizing, I wear the following:

9D in Allen Edmond's 5 last, 9D in Alden's Plaza last, 8.5D in Alden's Barrie last, 8E in Carmina's Simpson last, 8E in John Lobb 7000 and 8000 lasts, 42.5 in the Vass U-last, 8.5/9E in Edward Green's 82 last and 8.5E in Gaziano and Girling lasts.

My most snug fit is the Simpson last. These shoes are a little loose, so I would say best for a fuller 9D US or a small 9.5D US. The international size is marked as 43 on the shoe. The heel and sole wear can be seen in the included pictures. The shoes have laces from the Hanger Project. The shoe trees are not included, but I will include the blue suede shoe bags. The price includes shipping and Paypal, CONUS. I can post internationally for an additional $40. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing as all sales are final. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 77
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads