• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent Wang tutorial #3.

- I sent the pants pics to Aaron and we conferred on adjustments. KW now has my jacket and pants measurements on record.
- mailed the test pants back to KW
- went to website and made design choices. Amazing number of options. Check it out: https://www.kentwang.com/suit-options.php

- aiming for a summer “Nearsucker” suit that can pass as conservative business dress. Trying to mirror the Ring Jacket Seersucker The Armoury stocked last season. Went with 3x2 Roll, soft full canvas, half-lined, soft shoulder, flap pockets. Other options as well but will not list them all. conservative business dress but Summer conservative business dress so a few more relaxed options should work.

- awaiting email from Aaron with PayPal invoice for difference between test suit and my MTM in G level fabric.

- an easy process now that I’m on round two. Hopefully it gets here before next National Seersucker Day!

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
@Kent Wang

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/New-...t-taxes/GST/GST-on-low-value-imported-goods/?

How will this effect transactions for Australian customers? Will the extra GST be charged on orders placed after 31 June 18, or any orders shipped after this date?

Also, are there going to restocks of the Whangee stick umbrellas?

The site is down but I can pretty confidently say you'll want to ask those questions to the Australian customs office, though I will take a closer look when it's back up. We do not change GST up front so you would be responsible for it as it clears customs. How and when that will take effect based on your order being placed or shipped is not something I could guess. They will have to tell you.

I know that in Canada (where I am located) we are responsible for GST on everything imported. Duty would depend on the country of origin, and brokerage fees would apply to anything coming in that has to go through the customs offices.

As for the umbrellas, we do not have a restock order placed at this time.

hms056

Reaction score
I have a potentially dumb question. Recently purchased the awesome mario silk pocket square. The square has pretty heavy creasing from shipping. Should I iron the square with a cloth over top or will the creasing work itself out over time?

20180610_134754.jpg

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
@Jesse@KentWang , any plans to restock the Black onyx & mother of pearl studs?

I don't see anything right now. Kent may have plans that I am not aware of though.

I have a potentially dumb question. Recently purchased the awesome mario silk pocket square. The square has pretty heavy creasing from shipping. Should I iron the square with a cloth over top or will the creasing work itself out over time?

Just set your iron to the silk setting and give the square a little spray down with some water before ironing it. I typically just iron from the back side of the square but doesn't really matter. You won't damage the square as long as you use the right iron setting, no cloth needed.

Great choice by the way, one of my favorites.

2018-05-07 13.03.54_edited.jpg

Reaction score
Any plans to restock the pocket squares in the wool/silk mix? I have my eye on several, the great wave in particular

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This page is hard to understand. Jesse is correct. We don't do anything on our end; it's between you and Australia customs. Let us know if you end up paying any GST and how much.

@Jesse@KentWang , any plans to restock the Black onyx & mother of pearl studs?
Around June 30

You could iron it as per Jesse's instructions, or just let the creases fall out over time. I'm lazy and just do the latter.

Any plans to restock the pocket squares in the wool/silk mix? I have my eye on several, the great wave in particular
Wool/silk restock around July 30.

@Kent Wang , thanks for that. Do all the umbrellas have a horn tip?
Most. Some umbrellas from earlier production runs have a plastic tip. You can email [email protected] with the model you're interested in and we'll check the warehouse for you.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohneAllene