• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

chhase

Reaction score
Haven’t seen a fake with the size tag up here before:

B0430AA7-4A03-457B-8AF9-AED0FD31679D.jpeg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I wonder if the flood of fakes is hurting Kapital at all or do they chug along just fine.

That stuff is interesting to me because it seems like a double edged sword. On one hand I assume people will want to buy from trusted retailers so they know what they're buying is legit. On the other hand ordering second hand form some dude is often much cheaper and easier, and the average person won't be as good at spotting fake stuff as fashion nerds on a menswear forum, nor will they be interested in it.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly the fakes hurts the second hand market hard. I find myself only willing to buy stuff that is pre 2016 stuff or new from the Kapital store. I just assume everything from grailed is fake. I don't buy as much anymore, but I'm always nervous even when buying stuff from second street and stuff especially hotter stuff.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.47.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.47.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.47.03 PM.png

NEW KAPITAL HAS LANDED
. As I've mentioned before, we're good for about 1 shipment a month from our beloved Kapital. This month we happened to get shipments from both NYC and Japan, so quite the medley. Above are some of the standouts, despite some of them already being snagged up.

Conclusive

Reaction score
NEW KAPITAL HAS LANDED. As I've mentioned before, we're good for about 1 shipment a month from our beloved Kapital. This month we happened to get shipments from both NYC and Japan, so quite the medley. Above are some of the standouts, despite some of them already being snagged up.

I have been eyeing that Gobelin jacket for the longest time. I just don't know what I would pair it with if I ever got it.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time in Seattle, any b&m to check out?

Are you looking for Kapital mainly or other brands too? Haven't been to Seattle in 3 or 4 years but I think Glasswing is the only store carrying Kapital. Didn't get a chance to make it in so not sure if it's in store or online only.

I heard good things about Jack Straw (EG and other Japanese brands) and Blue Owl Workshop is there too.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for Kapital mainly or other brands too? Haven't been to Seattle in 3 or 4 years but I think Glasswing is the only store carrying Kapital. Didn't get a chance to make it in so not sure if it's in store or online only.

I heard good things about Jack Straw (EG and other Japanese brands) and Blue Owl Workshop is there too.
Ahh yeah, interested in the usual sf brands. I haven’t kept up with sf for quite some time and had forgotten about certain b&m locations even though I’ve ordered from them in the past. Might have to take a trip to glasswing and blue owl. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Ahh yeah, interested in the usual sf brands. I haven’t kept up with sf for quite some time and had forgotten about certain b&m locations even though I’ve ordered from them in the past. Might have to take a trip to glasswing and blue owl. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Glasswing, Blue Owl, Jack Straw, Likelihood are the main four boutiques. The Nordstrom on 5th Ave has a pretty decent designer selection too.

Let me know if you’d like food/coffee recs too :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads