• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Nice comparison, thanks!

What colors are the two Junkard shells on the right?

Is it Cognac on top and brown on bottom? I think it is hard to determine how a boot will look by looking at the Rocado website...

It’s brandy on top and some kind of brown on the bottom. I forgot if it was called something else.

martinz

Reaction score
Nice comparison, thanks!

What colors are the two Junkard shells on the right?

Is it Cognac on top and brown on bottom? I think it is hard to determine how a boot will look by looking at the Rocado website...
top is cognac, previously mention as medium brown in old rocado website, and sometimes people call it brandy

Makkansson

Reaction score
I have gone through this entire thread, looked at Junkards recent MTOs and their Instagram. There are not many examples of boots with their CH/aged bark leather? I found one in this thread on page 11, he wasnt too happy about his purchase.

Do anyone know where they get this leather, and if the quality is OK?

I am thinking about getting a SC2078, stitchdown in this matte black leather. Asked Junkard for pictures of boots in this leather, and they sent me attached picture.

DSC00559.jpg

Shalomp

Reaction score
most of their leather is from indonesia

I have gone through this entire thread, looked at Junkards recent MTOs and their Instagram. There are not many examples of boots with their CH/aged bark leather? I found one in this thread on page 11, he wasnt too happy about his purchase.

Do anyone know where they get this leather, and if the quality is OK?

I am thinking about getting a SC2078, stitchdown in this matte black leather. Asked Junkard for pictures of boots in this leather, and they sent me attached picture.

View attachment 1019142

rickmb

Reaction score

BTW, I don't see anything negative there. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing anything particularly negative about the leathers Junkard uses.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Sizing question. I am a standard US7D UK6, in AE Carmina Rain, Meermin, CJ, Alden Barrie 6.5. I have low instep, so low volume feet. But wide and long toes. Junkard guys suggested EU39, as they say EU40 is for 7.5. However, I am worried that EU39 may be too short in length. Any suggestion?

rickmb

Reaction score
Sizing question. I am a standard US7D UK6, in AE Carmina Rain, Meermin, CJ, Alden Barrie 6.5. I have low instep, so low volume feet. But wide and long toes. Junkard guys suggested EU39, as they say EU40 is for 7.5. However, I am worried that EU39 may be too short in length. Any suggestion?

I have pretty much the opposite feet (high volume, high instep, wide forefoot but small short toes), and even I find Junkard to be relatively short in the toes, and especially the popular SC last has a very narrow toebox.

It's hard to give solid advice because I have such very different feet (and size 10E), but I would suggest gambling on 40. You can always compensate for too much volume, and I seriously doubt they will be too long.

Makkansson

Reaction score
Just received a picture of my boots, they are sending them this week.

TAS09037.jpg

Makeup:
Product : SC2078
Size : 42D EUR
Upper Leather : CH/AGED Black
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Cap : Unstructured Toe
Eyelets Color : Gun Metal
Extras : 3 Speedhook on The Top
Shoelast : SC Last
Construction : 2 Row Stitchdown
Outsole : Synthetic Rubber Junkard
Upper Finishing : Natural
Edge Trim : Dark Brown

Makkansson

Reaction score
Uhm... (Although this is probably something a local cobbler can easily change.)

I'm really curious about the quality of the aged bark. Very temped to get a totally murdered out boot in that.
Thank you very much for pointing this out! In my excitement I didn't even notice. I emailed them and they promised they would change to speed hooks before shipping them.

I'll try to test them out for you, maybe I can give an update in a couple of months or so :)

On another note: I ordered 10 weeks ago, so delivery was 4 weeks more than they estimated in August.

Makkansson

Reaction score
Got my boots yesterday. Just thought I post a few more pictures, a few comparing them to Wolverine 1k mile.

The leather is really thin, but I quite like the suppleness and matte finish. The sole is also really soft, so no breaking in required.

The last is a little strange as people before me have pointed out. The toe box is really steep, but that suits me since I have narrow feet. The strange thing is the heel is really wide (look at the comparison with the 1k's). Feels like a wide heel and narrow toe box doesn't match up?

Chose 270 degree welt since I wanted a slimmer profile, but I think they could have fitted a 360 welt on the same heel.

Just pointing out the few small things I'm not totally happy about, but overall I'm really pleased! Comfort is an important factor for me, and these really feel comfy from the start. I'll try to come back with some insight after a few months of wear.

8CD3F67B-E84A-4ABA-A534-70044CAA017A.jpeg
B57DB35C-F49F-4EFC-955E-18F2577F7C4C.jpeg
EDC02A66-8227-4392-9BE5-242E809C3FEE.jpeg
IMG_4932.JPG
IMG_4935.JPG

Yohasakura24

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to order from Junkard and I'm thinking to get their ORION series, which look very close to Alden's Indy boots, what I want to ask is, I'm planning to get a 270-degree storm welt and their own synthetic sole, which midsole should I go for? the double or the single midsole? I know the original Alden used a single midsole, but I've read on this thread that they are glad not to choose the single midsole which makes me confused haha.

anyone can help me? Thanks guys, btw I'm gonna go with their burgundy chromepack leather

Neofio

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to order from Junkard and I'm thinking to get their ORION series, which look very close to Alden's Indy boots, what I want to ask is, I'm planning to get a 270-degree storm welt and their own synthetic sole, which midsole should I go for? the double or the single midsole? I know the original Alden used a single midsole, but I've read on this thread that they are glad not to choose the single midsole which makes me confused haha.

anyone can help me? Thanks guys, btw I'm gonna go with their burgundy chromepack leather

I have an ORION (in natural shell cordovan) and went with the double midsole / Junkard rubber sole and am very happy with it. Its a very beefy shoe, and I suspect that if I went with the single midsole it would have turned out unbalanced. I consider it one of the nicest boots I own and get compliments all the time.

Drewmey

Reaction score
The MLD last is very similar to the NH except it’s got an elongated toe to accommodate the point. I’ll post pics this weekend to compare to my NH last Junkards. I’m 10 in Viberg 1035, and a 10 in NH or MLD.

So are you saying that the MLD last still has a pointy toe but simultaneously saying it is wider in the forefoot area (aka beyond instep around ball)than the SC, whereas the NH is both wide and rounded toe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics