• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
So are you saying that the MLD last still has a pointy toe but simultaneously saying it is wider in the forefoot area (aka between instep and ball)than the SC, whereas the NH is both wide and rounded toe?
Yes exactly. The MLD is like the NH but the point at the end is added on after the instep area, if that makes sense. The SC is pointiness starts at the instep where it actually effects the fit.

Drewmey

Reaction score
Yes exactly. The MLD is like the NH but the point at the end is added on after the instep area, if that makes sense. The SC is pointiness starts at the instep where it actually effects the fit.
Thanks. Doing a waxed flesh, 2078, double mid sole, half commando boot. Can't decide between an MLD or NH...
They recommended a 44 EU. I wear a 10D (after brief stretching through wearing) in a Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill which is a 1757 lasts, described as wide forefoot area.

geogibodies

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I went through the whole thread I'm impressed by the craftsmanship of Junkard and looking to order a pair.

I'm new to the world of leather boots and Thursday Boot's Vanguard in Natural Chromexcel is my only pair. Does anyone have experience with both Junkard and Thursday Boot to compare in terms of sizing and fit?

I am a US 10E (w/ medium weight socks) according to a Brannock size chart. But I have no problem fitting in Nike sneakers in 9 or even 8.5 in some cases (feet are weird, agree?). My Thursday boots are in 9D but the toes of my right foot feel being pushed and rub against each other (even in early morning). Sometimes, there is a little bit of pain in the forefoot too. But going half size up would make them to loose at insteps and heels.

Edit: one more point to add, I wear and could only wear thin dress socks with my Thursday boots.

Last edited:

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Best thing I can say is to measure you foot with a helper with the socks you would wear normally with the boots. Send that to them and see what they say regarding size and last. I have 4 pairs of footwear and the best fitting last ended up being the triumph boot. In order of lasts that fit my wide forefoot and weak arch i would ALD>NH>SC .

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score
Thank you for your helping sir :D
Best thing I can say is to measure you foot with a helper with the socks you would wear normally with the boots. Send that to them and see what they say regarding size and last. I have 4 pairs of footwear and the best fitting last ended up being the triumph boot. In order of lasts that fit my wide forefoot and weak arch i would ALD>NH>SC .

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score
bigsale 17an SQ copy.jpg

Hello everyone,

to celebrate our independence day, we have discount up to 17% off.

17% for Biffold Wallet III
15% for MTO (made to order ) Program
10% for RTW (ready to wear) Collection

Free shipping worldwide
Online purchase only
Valid until 19 Aug, 2019

Happy shopping! Merdeka Indonesiaku!
#junkardcompany

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers