• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

menzaremba

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of SC2078s in natural CXL last week. So far the process has been good. I took the advice of some of the other posters and was very specific about the makeup details.

I'll reiterate that you should ask what leathers they have in stock, they have rotating supply that isn't available on the website. No photos yet, but I'll upload them when/if they arrive.

Last edited:

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
I just placed an order for SC2078's in shell. Came out to $428 after 10% off + $10 PP fee. These will be my first shell cordovan anythings so I'm really excited as I've wanted a pair for an eternity.

abipthepink

Reaction score
How did you get a 10% discount? I ordered mine 2 days ago and they said they couldn't apply a discount for shell boots . . .

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they told you that. I asked them yesterday about the 17% discount they advertised on IG and they said that they could only do 10% for shell.

If you ordered a pair at full price during their promotion I'd contact them about it.

abipthepink

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they told you that. I asked them yesterday about the 17% discount they advertised on IG and they said that they could only do 10% for shell.

If you ordered a pair at full price during their promotion I'd contact them about it.
I contacted them and they said it only applies if you bought more than one pair before or if you buy 2 pairs at the same time. Kind of strange but okaay

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score

The tongue on my boots are gusseted. They didn't ask me about what leather to use on the tongue. I'm assuming they didn't want to use shell because it would be too stiff to be comfortable. I know my friends Vibergs are the same way, the tongue is cxl and the rest of the boot is shell.

Shalomp

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just want to get some opinions on sizing. I wear a viberg 2030 last in size 8. Spoke to junkard and for SC 2078, they suggested size EUR 41 which is equivalent to US 8.5 and 26.5 CM according to the size chart on their website. I did not send photos of my feet or taken measurements to send to them. Do u guys think they are right with the size?
I feel like my Truman boots (have two pairs) are slightly wider than my Junkard boots, and the toe is definitely a little pointier on the Junkard and more rounder on the Truman. I went true to size with both, and both fit very well. FWIW, I'm a normal 8d - feet are not wide by any means. And this is why sizing is so subjective haha. I don't doubt you for one bit, but I have a size 8 in both Truman and Junkard and the Junkard is snugger. Honestly, for me I believe it's because the end of the Junkard is pointier while the Trumans are a little more round. I would say that the toe of the Junkard is more similar to my Viberg 2030 than my Truman. All are great boots though, and it's very hard to beat Junkard for the price that I paid especially for shell cordovan.
I would say it's a hair wider than Truman's last, but the toe on this last comes to a point. The 11 I got is all around more roomy than my Trumans in 10.5 and my size 10 Vibergs. I'm attaching a top down shot here so you can see how it's wider at the forefoot, and then slims to a point.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
I think you would be good in an 8.5 equivalent in Junkard if you are 8 in 2030 last. I'm a 10 in 2030 and would be a 10.5 in Junkard if they had that half size. I got 11 and it clearly feels like I would be perfect in 10.5.

menzaremba

Reaction score
I gave them both CM and US sizing, and mentioned that I was 'true to size'. They do seem to have some half sizes available; I ordered a 9.5.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score

I should have them in a week or two to get real photos. This is what they sent me when I was in the ordering process. I was choosing between brandy and whiskey. In the photo below the brandy is the darker one on the left.

It seems the color appears a lot lighter under florescent lighting. This construction photo below of my boots, make the brandy look a lot more reddish and darker.

When I get them I'll put them along side my brown and congac shell to grab comparison photos for you.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Here's the latest pic they sent me of my completed boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads