• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

drewcandraw

Reaction score

I've always communicated with them via email. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt here, I'd hate to be judged on my customer communication in another language. It's possible that hey have half-sizes for some lasts, and not for others, and that's the source of confusion. Did you order SC2078s drewcandraw?

Nope ordered 2089

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
Those are awesome, Matthew. I'm definitely a few weeks away from mine being finished, but I'm itching to get my hands on 'em now.

I was hoping to see some more pics of their "signature norwegian" construction before I ordered mine, but stuck with the 360 norwegian welt. Thanks for posting some shots, darknight55, I hope your wife enjoys them!

Last edited:

darknight55

Reaction score
Those are awesome, Matthew. I'm definitely a few weeks away from mine being finished, but I'm itching to get my hands on 'em now.

I was hoping to see some more pics of their "signature norwegian" construction before I ordered mine, but stuck with the 360 norwegian welt. Thanks for posting some shots, darknight55, I hope your wife enjoys them!

The make up is slightly off (even though speedhooks and edge trim was stated in the invoice), but she is ok with them since I was the 1 that came up with the make up heh.

Things missing:

2 speed hooks at the top + brass eyelets

Black stitchings

Dark Brown edge trim

neelp3

Reaction score
My brandy sc2089 brandy shell boots came in today. I asked them to size me down to 10us and these fit like a glove. They also sent me thicker insoles to put in my first pair which I got in 11us. The difference between 10 and 11us is only .5 cm which I believe is true because these are perfect.

Now I'm considering selling my brown shell pair, since these are just so perfect and I clearly went slightly big on the brown pair.

darknight55

Reaction score
Give them your feet tracing. That works best for determining your size.

Remember to tell them what kinda sock you will wear with the shoe / do 2nd feet tracing with socks on.

They sized me and my wife purely through feet tracing, are spot on.

Last edited:

neelp3

Reaction score

Thanks, strange as I told them I was 6.5 on 2030 and they suggested 7.5. I think I'm going to ask for 7.

Thanks

Shalomp

Reaction score
Hmmm strange.

Maybe check with them again to confirm? I would like to know their reply on the difference in size recommendations

Thanks, strange as I told them I was 6.5 on 2030 and they suggested 7.5.  I think I'm going to ask for 7.

Thanks

neelp3

Reaction score
Hmmm strange.

Maybe check with them again to confirm? I would like to know their reply on the difference in size recommendations

I went with 7. He was originally very sure that 7.5 would fit, but I think he was being safe. He didn't push back and say that 7 would be too small.

tb43

Reaction score
Berry Shell Size 42 (8.5/9). May have to let these go because a few pre orders came in at same time. Look awesome so far!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads