• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
@Shalomp
I missed your ask earlier for a pic of the insole.

Also someone else asked about my fit with the new brandy shells I got. I'm 10 in viberg 2030 and 10 in these Junkards is slightly tighter so I need to wear thin dress socks. I'm thinking they'll stretch more over time though.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
Berry Shell Size 42 (8.5/9). May have to let these go because a few pre orders came in at same time. Look awesome so far!

Man that looks good. I'd be very interested to see how that color would patina.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Boots are ready to be shipped!!!
Aged bark

biglmbass

Reaction score
I've not seen any pics of them in this thread, but will ask anyway. Anyone have a pair of monkey boots from them?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not seen any pics of them in this thread, but will ask anyway. Anyone have a pair of monkey boots from them?

There is a pic I though Blue Shell....I could be confused with Tricker thread though

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this gentleman is active over here or not, but a monkey boot in tan rough out just got posted on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...xinginitial_impression_junkard_chunky_monkey/

Having ordered norwegian welted construction as well, I'm a little concerned with the "cheap" shiny look of it. I did ask for cream thread instead of white so hopefully it'll be better.

That is way too pointy for my blood...love all the other details too...Any idea of they do that boot with a rounder toe...I really do not know how much I would wear a Monkey boot but tempted to order in blue shell.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
That is way too pointy for my blood...love all the other details too...Any idea of they do that boot with a rounder toe...I really do not know how much I would wear a Monkey boot but tempted to order in blue shell.

They recently posted a monkey boot in blue shell on their IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP_s5odjnux/?taken-by=junkardcompany&hl=en

You can contact them through direct message on IG (I found this the easiest) or email and ask them about their last options. These guys are pretty open to changing anything about their boots, so long as they have the ability/materials.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
oooohhhh frack...stitchdown is hot...but i like the norv stitch too...thanks....i am not a speed hook fan but wondering if more than 2 on top is better? seems like a lot of lacing. UGH

drewcandraw

Reaction score
my navy shells are almost done, eta is week they said. Looking forward to it and hopefully they fit.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
oooohhhh frack...stitchdown is hot...but i like the norv stitch too...thanks....i am not a speed hook fan but wondering if more than 2 on top is better? seems like a lot of lacing. UGH

I ordered mine with speed hooks for the top 3 pair (with the standard 7 eyelet option). I have boots with all regular eyelets, 2 pairs of speed hooks, and 3 pairs of speed hooks and going forward I will always choose to have 3 speed hooks for any MTO boot. It's just so much more convenient. Also, I don't really mind the looks of speed hooks and my pants usually hide them anyway.

To be honest, the only reason I ordered norvegese constructions is because it was available at not extra cost and they're not that common (even in our boot/shoe enthusiast world). Looks wise for both monkey and service boot, I actually think stitchdown is more appealing. But if I wanted the "normal" service boot I would have just gone with Viberg.

Drew, can't wait to see your Navy shells. When did you place your order? I paid my invoice on January 19th, so I figure I have at least 3 weeks left.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
I ordered mine with speed hooks for the top 3 pair (with the standard 7 eyelet option). I have boots with all regular eyelets, 2 pairs of speed hooks, and 3 pairs of speed hooks and going forward I will always choose to have 3 speed hooks for any MTO boot. It's just so much more convenient. Also, I don't really mind the looks of speed hooks and my pants usually hide them anyway.

To be honest, the only reason I ordered norvegese constructions is because it was available at not extra cost and they're not that common (even in our boot/shoe enthusiast world). Looks wise for both monkey and service boot, I actually think stitchdown is more appealing. But if I wanted the "normal" service boot I would have just gone with Viberg.

Drew, can't wait to see your Navy shells. When did you place your order? I paid my invoice on January 19th, so I figure I have at least 3 weeks left.
I placed an order right after Christmas but mine had a delay since the shell they originally ordered had damage so thats why mine is at around 6 weeks right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads