• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same boot but in black without the logo on the side; they are amazing. I've had both the Doc Marten MIE and the Solovairs, and the Solovairs (which are the makers of the JTG boot) are much nicer in terms of leather quality.

antihero jay

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, after all the good thing writen about jump the gun I figured as much. Just to reiterate...they do run true to size?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yes, Solovair run "true to size", unlike DMs which IME run small

for reference, I wear size 8UK DMs, but size 7UK Solovair, and 7UK (8USA) is my size in most shoes that are sized "accurate"

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the Breton jumpers hold up to wear (and cleanings)?

I'm thinking of getting a size 42 some time in the future - but I am 6'1" - and usually get a 36" sleeve for my shirts (I can do 35 if there is room for shrinkage, I believe the actual measure is about 35.5"). My actual chest is 42 to 43, waist is pretty steady at about 35 at the moment but it has fluctuated between 34 and 37, depending on diet and exercise level.

Will these be long enough in sleeves after a cleaning (I assume dry cleaning). Anybody have actual sleeve measurements after several wears.

Also - thoughts on the color? Navy-White, Navy, or Off-White - which one is best, given I wear mostly denim?

Bullitt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
How do the Breton jumpers hold up to wear (and cleanings)?

I'm thinking of getting a size 42 some time in the future - but I am 6'1" - and usually get a 36" sleeve for my shirts (I can do 35 if there is room for shrinkage, I believe the actual measure is about 35.5"). My actual chest is 42 to 43, waist is pretty steady at about 35 at the moment but it has fluctuated between 34 and 37, depending on diet and exercise level.

Will these be long enough in sleeves after a cleaning (I assume dry cleaning). Anybody have actual sleeve measurements after several wears.

Also - thoughts on the color? Navy-White, Navy, or Off-White - which one is best, given I wear mostly denim?

I am wearing my Royal Mer jumper for over a year now. I have hand washed it twice in warm water and Wool Light and it did not shrink. Mine is navy-white, it looks good with denim. Thinking about getting one in navy to wear with my beige chinos.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i ordered a harrington..can't wait to get the damned thing in lol.

hows shipping from JTG to the united states? specifically louisiana or the southern area in general.

Sancho Panzo Christ

Reaction score
shipping to u.s. is real quick, like a week.

regarding the sta-prest: i'm trying to figure out if i should get a 34 or a 32. i usually wear a 30-31 waist in jeans, and it seems like people generally order a much larger size in these since they're not vanity sized. just wondering if anyone had any advice in this area.

chroMe

Reaction score
Went in yesterday but didn't see anything notable and had lo emd barracuta. Badger a few doors down had better fusion line.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sancho Panzo Christ
shipping to u.s. is real quick, like a week.

regarding the sta-prest: i'm trying to figure out if i should get a 34 or a 32. i usually wear a 30-31 waist in jeans, and it seems like people generally order a much larger size in these since they're not vanity sized. just wondering if anyone had any advice in this area.

if you wear a size 30/31 in most jeans I would go with a 34

I wear jeans anywhere from 29-32, mostly 30/31, and the 34 JtG staprest is just right. 32 would be way too tight around the waist and the fabric has zero give/stretch

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
if you wear a size 30/31 in most jeans I would go with a 34

I wear jeans anywhere from 29-32, mostly 30/31, and the 34 JtG staprest is just right. 32 would be way too tight around the waist and the fabric has zero give/stretch

+1

I am also a 30/31 in most jeans and 34 JtG stapress is perfect for me.

I noted a JtG box arrive in the mail last week and a new package under our Xmas tree. I'm hoping the missus gives me a Bretton jumper and/or another gingham shirt.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads