1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

My actual waist in 31" and I have tooth pick legs. Which size should I get? I normally wear 28-30 in "american" cut jeans and chinos.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. FinchleyFrank

FinchleyFrank Member

I'd be interested in the 'Authentic' . Any possibility of re-stocking on the Zip coats in the larger sizes in the near future JTG? Thanks.

3. JTG

JTG Member

Zip coats will be back in stock in the next couple of months in all sizes. Working on the "Authentic" for before November.
    If you wear a 28/30 in a jean and measure 31 then you have to go for a 32. You will never get into a 30.
    Thanks,
    Adam

4. Jeff Costello

Jeff Costello Well-Known Member

Quick question, do you know if the sta-prest trousers (cotton/polyester, navy) are meant to be washed like the old Levi's were, or are they dry-cleaning only? I like the look of these pants, and many of their other clothing. Mod style is great.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

I just checked the tag on a pair that I have (cotton/poly blend), and the tag says Dry Clean Only.

6. Jeff Costello

Jeff Costello Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was hoping that they could function as washable pants, but I may order an alternative pair from Relco. I know this is the Jump the Gun thread, but does anybody know about Relco sta-prests? Also, are they about the same, or just a little bit looser overall than the JTG ones? I like the way sta-prests look, but I don't want to mistakenly get something too tight.

7. Darksideoftheforce

Darksideoftheforce Well-Known Member

There's a discussion on relco staprest here http://www.styleforum.net/t/89027/traditional-skinheads/1200

apparently they also fit pretty slim

8. JTG

JTG Member

Hi,
    even though our sta prest say "dry clean only", lots of people cool machine wash them with a good ironing afterwards.
    Thanks.

9. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the melton wool harrington?

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Is the fabric on the olive raglan harrington different to the older jackets you were selling? Is it the same rough tartan lining? Thanks.

11. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Still looking at the beige and the olive Harringtons. I owned one of the earlier pattern JtG Harringtons and liked it, except for the rough lining and the cut (too short, too loose around the waist and arms). Would welcome any input on the new cut and the fabric weight. Also wondering about the colour of the beige - I'd really like a darker, more khaki, look rather than the pale Ben Sherman stone harrington look.

12. JTG

JTG Member

Melton Wool Harrington is much heavier than the regular ones, it really is a great winter version. Or if you're in the UK the waxed one is perfect for most of the year. We like them.
    The cut of the newer Raglan version is much more like the original Harrington style pattern. They are longer in the body than our old pattern and slimmer in the body and arms. The weight of the cloth is also heavier. Hopefully the lining is a little softer than previous ones.
    Overall it is an improvement on fit and quality. For the money we think it ticks most boxes.
    Our Beige is quite light, sorry.

13. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Anyone here have the waxed Harrington? Looks great with the contrast collars but curious how it holds up in rain.

14. JTG

JTG Member

Hi,
    it does work like a traditional Barbour or Belstaff. We have them made in Birmingham by a company that does a lot of waxed weatherwear. Seen a few out in the rain and they seem to work fine. It will not be as good as a modern fabric such as used on motorcycle waterproofs etc but it is old technology this waxed stuff.
    Hope this helps.