• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think my order got delayed by the strike. 2 weeks and still no sign of them and there no tracking # to check where it's at.
ffffuuuu.gif
Not really mad I just wanted to use that emoticon.
laugh.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally received my order, the shirt in size 15 is almost perfect, it really slims down to the bottom to the point that I can barely button the last button. Great fit though.

As for the trousers, I am surprised the size 32 fit a lot baggier than expected. It was somewhat bigger in the waist but much baggier in the thigh area, I guess I just expected it to be so much more slimmer?

I'll post pics later to get some opinions but I think the Levis 511 trousers fit much slimmer than the JTG sta prest trousers.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad the shirt size 15 worked out so well for you RFX.

Unfortunate about the sta-prest. Did you go TTS?
(time to holla at getsmart for some mtm trousers if you have no other options lol)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, you helped me out a lot. I was worried about the sleeves being too short too but it ended up being just right.

For the trousers, I went by their measurements, which says to get 32 for a 20" thigh and mine measured just that and it still fit big. I doubt I lost a few pounds while waiting, I actually gained a couple because I was at Vegas for almost a week and nothing to eat there but Buffets.

I did however find a Ben Sherman trousers in a darker blue in size 28 that fits almost perfectly, just needs to be shortened by an inch or so.

If the JTG trousers doesn't fit though I'll just throw it in the B&S forum since returning them will cost $20+ in shipping and that seems a bit unreasonable for a $70 pair of pants. I'd have to see though, I think I might just be used to wearing tighter jeans/pants in general that these fits fuller, thus giving me the impression that they are bigger than they are.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you're defo the 1st person I've heard say they were too big, but maybe there was some overcompensation since everyone talks about how small they fit

I would just tailor them down smaller if you think you'd wear em

i wonder if it's possible you got a wrong size? I know that they once sent me a shirt a full size too small, I sent it back, they sent the replacement also too small. But both small shirts were (mis)tagged as the larger size I ordered. Maybe measure them out to make sure you didnt get a size 34 because you'd have to be really skinny to fit into a size 30, but I've never seen you irl so maybe you are that thin?

If it turns out yours is a mis-size I'm sure they will sort you out correct

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll measure them when I get home and match them up with JTG's measurements from their website.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I measured the trousers and the widest part of the thigh is about 12", which isn't too bad I guess but I think the thing that makes it bigger is that the rise seems a bit long on these. I guess it doesn't look that bad, it's just not as slim as I expected them to be, again probably due the rise being longer than usual. The gingham shirt on the other hand fits just right, I'll definitely order more of these in the future.
jtg_211.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ they dont look too big in the pics, just needs a hem so the legs lay straighter. keep in mind the fabric doesnt have any stretch to it so it needs some room for movement

I actually think the rise is on the lower side (not that it's low rise), not sure how tall you are but obviously height will affect how tall the rise seems.

shirt fit is good!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the shirt fits real well, not even my BoO fit as fitted as this one, the gingham pattern isn't too flattering in the pics though.

As for the trousers, JTG measures the thigh at around 20" but when I measured it was 12" flat so all around that would be 24". It's not as bad as I first tried them on but it's definitely isn't as slim as I expected them to be. The Ben Sherman trousers fit much better...
ben_sh10.jpg

But I think but I think there is room for both in my closet so I'll keep the JTG and get it hemmed asap.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ Weird about the thigh. My 34s measure 12" across the widest part of thigh, I would have guessed the 32s to be more like 11.5 or 11

just for comparison, my 34 also measures 20" across widest hip

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ havent seen them but being made by NPS/Solovair, they're going to be good quality, possibly better than MIE Doc Marten. If I were in the market for another pair of 8i oxbloods, these would be the ones I'd buy.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ agreed, I have the Solovair monkey boots. They take a bit of breaking in, but are otherwise great. One thing I noticed is that the airware (sp?) sole really does feel softer than your typical boot outsole. It's not mushy or anything, but noticeably softer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics