• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Marco - but looking for two shoes next to each other in the same lighting and whatnot so I can get a fair comparison

Here is a picture with some inside lighting.
Cityii in dark brwn museum and warwick in parisian brown museum
Shoes are probably both about the same age and wear.
Differences more pronounced under bright lights, but this is what they look like under normal indoor lighting.
Parisian brown is my favorite (close fight with bracken misty)

Last edited:

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually like the double leather sole you got. I bought mine with the rubber sole and they are a bit wider where the sole stiching is. I think your double leather will make it a more viable all year option.

Thats the reason why i wanted them without the stormwelt.
I have shoes with just the november sole wo the stormwelt and they basically look just as sleek as a doubleleather sole. Its the stormwelt that gives that bulkier apperance or wider stitching as you noticed.
The november sole by itself looks very good IMO if you are looking for shoes with rubber soles

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Good comparison, trying to decide for my next pair. Leaning Parisian now

skywalker

Reaction score
I have several JL shoes but I have one where the leather has cracked. What would cause this? Is this common or repairable? They are only about two years old and I have taken care of them regularly.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone have pictures comparing Parisian and Dark Brown museum calf?

The Chapel is in Dark Brown Museum Calf. The Philip II below is in Parisian.

The colors are very true to IRL. However, please remember that there are differences between batches, I've seen Dark Brown lighter than this, almost bordering on Parisian.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great pictures sir, thank you!! Which one do you like better Leaves?

Both are great colors, the Parisian Brown is an awesome shade, probably my personal favorite, but for a really conservative style then the Dark Brown is a safer choice.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have several JL shoes but I have one where the leather has cracked. What would cause this? Is this common or repairable? They are only about two years old and I have taken care of them regularly.

Looks bad, whenever I see this type of damage it's usually because salt that has been left to soak into the skin, repeatedly. Happens if you live in a city where they use salt on the streets and pavements to clear snow. Even if you wipe the shoes after each use, salt and salt residue can damage the leather. Or a damp shoe left to dry on or near a radiator, or other heat source. Reach out to wherever you bought the shoes, I'm sure they will assist you.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture with some inside lighting.
Cityii in dark brwn museum and warwick in parisian brown museum
Shoes are probably both about the same age and wear.
Differences more pronounced under bright lights, but this is what they look like under normal indoor lighting.
Parisian brown is my favorite (close fight with bracken misty)

Your elegant and classic shoe collection is just wonderful and very consistent (my fav in this category). Althought I would like to see you with just one couple of gunboat shoes. Wear them in good health.
smile.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 dark brown museum shoes and both of mine look darker than the ones posted. I wish I had some Parisian brown to compare to.

lucci

Reaction score
These are Parisian brown. Gold Museum is very different with some lighter accents, like this :

Last edited:

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your elegant and classic shoe collection is just wonderful and very consistent (my fav in this category).  Althought I would like to see you with just one couple of gunboat shoes. Wear them in good health.:)

@Zapasman
Thank you for your compliments.
Unfortunately I do not have a pair (yet) of gunboats.
For one reason or another I go from classic dress shoes to either boots or sneakers (designer or just sport sneaks).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads