• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because the general sizing consensus is that you wear the same size for those 2, 337 should also fit similar to 348. Hence I am reluctant to give you sizing suggestion.

haha, yeah appreciate that. It was strange, I was in Trading Post (shoe store) here in Tokyo, I tried on many different lasts from CJ. The 337 was much more fitted especially around the arch area, while the 348 was just big all around. Both 7 E UK. So I went with a 6.5 E UK in the Alex Wholecut 348 last.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

If I were to invest in a pair of City II oxfords, only to wear on special or important occasions (kids' graduations / weddings / anniversaries with the wife / important business meetings / blah blah blah), which color would y'all spring for? The plain black, or the museum dark brown? I love black shoes, but I also find the museum brown color on the City IIs quite sublime.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black all the way. Safe bet, but well worth it if you don’t own any other black oxfords. If you already posses a black oxford, I would suggest purchasing a model other than a stitched cap toe Oxford in dark brown.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

If I were to invest in a pair of City II oxfords, only to wear on special or important occasions (kids' graduations / weddings / anniversaries with the wife / important business meetings / blah blah blah), which color would y'all spring for? The plain black, or the museum dark brown? I love black shoes, but I also find the museum brown color on the City IIs quite sublime.
What’s ur current shoe collection? I don’t get the point of special occasion shoes, if I have a nice pair of new shoes, I would wear them 3 time a week

likenoother

Reaction score
Guess not everyone has to wear dress shoes in the office ;) So for many people it would be sufficient to have only one fine pair for special occasions.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s ur current shoe collection? I don’t get the point of special occasion shoes, if I have a nice pair of new shoes, I would wear them 3 time a week

I have a scattershot of shoes.

Back when I was younger and in investment banking in Hong Kong, I didn't know better and just followed the crowd. The crowd mainly went for shoes from Italian brands (quite literally littered all over HK, you can't miss them at any of the major shopping districts, whereas good English brands were not as "in your face.") like Ferragamo, Tod's and Bally (not Italian, I know). For example, I have some ugly loafers with the metal bits (Gancini? Or whatever the hell Ferragamo calls it) and just didn't know better haha. So a lot of my earlier shoes were from these three brands, mainly, and I had no idea what GYW or HW or anything like that... anyway as I've aged and sought more information from experienced people, I started branching out to English and Spanish-made shoes.

I currently have Crockett & Jones (Alex, Belgrave, Hallam), Carmina (Cordovan Cap Toe Balmoral Black and Wholecut Dark Brown), and I also have some Herring-branded shoes (Churchill II (made by Cheaney), Charles II and Henry II (both made by Alfred Sargent)). I also bought a Edward Green Chelsea on the 202 last. I think I'm pretty much done after 1 or two more shoes, which I'm hoping with good care and maintenance will last me into my old years.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a scattershot of shoes.

Back when I was younger and in investment banking in Hong Kong, I didn't know better and just followed the crowd. The crowd mainly went for shoes from Italian brands (quite literally littered all over HK, you can't miss them at any of the major shopping districts, whereas good English brands were not as "in your face.") like Ferragamo, Tod's and Bally (not Italian, I know). For example, I have some ugly loafers with the metal bits (Gancini? Or whatever the hell Ferragamo calls it) and just didn't know better haha. So a lot of my earlier shoes were from these three brands, mainly, and I had no idea what GYW or HW or anything like that... anyway as I've aged and sought more information from experienced people, I started branching out to English and Spanish-made shoes.

I currently have Crockett & Jones (Alex, Belgrave, Hallam), Carmina (Cordovan Cap Toe Balmoral Black and Wholecut Dark Brown), and I also have some Herring-branded shoes (Churchill II (made by Cheaney), Charles II and Henry II (both made by Alfred Sargent)). I also bought a Edward Green Chelsea on the 202 last. I think I'm pretty much done after 1 or two more shoes, which I'm hoping with good care and maintenance will last me into my old years.

That's a nice collection, I assume your EG Chelsea is black, what about Belgrave, Hallam, Charles II? They most likely would be black too as they are captoes? if they are, get a pair of dark brown museum City IIs, or if budget allows, Philip IIs.

With rotation, you only need to wear each pair once a week, or even less, they will last a long time.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question now is still which size of the City II should I spring for...

when in doubt for online shopping, always error on 1/2 large, it can be filled in via an insole. 1/2 size too small will lead to a painful experience, making it unlikely to fit you as you won't be wearing it much.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a nice collection, I assume your EG Chelsea is black, what about Belgrave, Hallam, Charles II? They most likely would be black too as they are captoes? if they are, get a pair of dark brown museum City IIs, or if budget allows, Philip IIs.

With rotation, you only need to wear each pair once a week, or even less, they will last a long time.

Thanks for the advice!
Apologies for pushing it but BTW, I’m a 7.5 in all Tods Ferragamo Bally shoes... would you recommend I spring for a 6.5 E UK in John Lobb City II? Philip II a bit Over my budget (wife will know either way as she handles my finances haha ...).

Belgrave - black
Charles II - black
Hallam - brown
EG - brown

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads