• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASpec818

Reaction score

anyone have the baseline pants in midnight.. or just in general and can either post fit pics or speak to the fit.. thanks
Tried on a small at azalea. I'm a smaller stature, and they fit like leggings on me.

Last edited:

naylom11

Reaction score
A word to the wise JE fans, I'm about 5' 6" 170 w/ a 31-32 inch waist. Purchased a pair of coasts in 31 about a year ago, and after about 3 months of wear, not only did the waist stretch to about a 33, but the denim lost many of its fitted qualities... For the last month or so I've been foregoing wearing the jeans, as I couldn't stand the fit, it was almost like wearing a straight/relaxed fit style than a fitted one. (Pinrolling them did help, but I am not a huge fan of that look)... A few days ago I said f*ck it, and did what in hindsight was a terrible idea, I threw them into the wash, and then straight into the dryer. Now I know the label says dry clean only, but the way I saw it, if I didn't try to shrink them they would never be worn again... Did they shrink, you ask? Yes. Is the fit better? Yes. But how about that wash? It will never be the same... The wash took out much of the contrast, and intricate fading details. Will definitely be looking to pick up a new pair in the coming weeks, and will be sizing down for sure. Just not sure if I want the coasts again, or this new spring color.

(Thought I would share this experience for anyone considering doing the same thing. Not a regular poster, but i do stay up on the thread.)

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best place to buy villain hoodies to be shipped to Canada? Looking for black.

Also, is the consensus to size up? 5'10, 165 pounds here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone compare the sprayed mercers vs the washed mercers? the color effects appear similar so wanted to know if anyone has both or tried them on and can compare

naylom11

Reaction score
Also quick question... Why did the price on coasts increase from over a year ago?... Is there a substantial difference? The pair I have is the cast 2 as well, but I believe I only paid 270

Tayne

Reaction score
just a heads-up to the sf community here: looks like there are a few sizes of washed OS hoodies available on the JE website. Large in both Black and Blue colors and XL in Olive. Unfortunately none in clay.

Just thought I'd share because I know a few of you were looking

seraphm2

Reaction score

Best place to buy villain hoodies to be shipped to Canada? Looking for black.

Also, is the consensus to size up? 5'10, 165 pounds here.

Roden Gray, Four Horsemen, Understudy, Nomad, Contraband, and Ssense are Canadian retailers.

Cg23

Reaction score
I understand the not sizing down on the kake for the intended look but id have to agree with it depending on your body. For me, i sized down due to the size guide i knew certain aspects would work better slightly smaller. Big thing for me was the sleeve length. And the whole "sleeve stacking" thing lets be honest, you can make it look cool for photos but it definitely isnt going to stay that way and just becomes bunched looking like sleeves that are just too long. Obviously this wont be the case for everyone, i just happen not to have long arms so thats what worked best for me. Looking at the size guide i could tell with the width i could still get that slightly oversized look by sizing down so i could fit a little better in other parts of the hoodie while still mainting the look and cropped fit i was hoping for. Kinda wish the hood wasnt as small but overall i really like the hoodie, however would never begin to think about paying resell for it tho. Those ppl on ebay think they have bred 1's or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads