• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
When did Esco’s jump to $248!? :eek2:

And in one fell swoop, any excitement toward upcoming JE sales is gone - Any sale prices will really just be retail prices from last year :rotflmao:

JE's Marketing campaigns are really doing gods work. If they can sustainably slang escobars for 250 while decreasing quality they can sell water to a well

Bravo JE ?

Jliu88

Reaction score
AE
Boucle shorts
JE vandals

Attachments

• 45C4B363-7A0A-4197-A122-CB00B56D3CD9.jpeg
    45C4B363-7A0A-4197-A122-CB00B56D3CD9.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 72

thereaintnofutureinthis

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience dyeing their denim? One of my pairs of carbons is started to get too light and I’ve been thinking of doing one of those “back to black” rit dye kits on it

wvayakor

Reaction score
Obsidian is raw with a white core that fades VERY quickly. Quicker than any denim I’ve owned. Essentially after 6 months they are a very very faded pair of black jeans.

Carbons are black core so don’t fade, but they aren’t “pure” black from that outset.

If you want a pure black pair of jeans in the same style as Cast 2, go for SLP D02’s in raw black.

If you want a pair of black jeans that never fade, then look at Acne Studios’ stay-black offerings

@tommo and anyone else who can chime in with advice

1) How is the fabric thickness of the Carbon compared to the Obsidian? I own the Obsidian and felt like they were slightly thicker than the Graphite which is the only other pair I have in JE. I live in a hot climate, so generally love fabrics on the thinner side
2) If I wear a size 30 in Obsidian and Graphite, what would you recommend for Carbon? I heard the Carbon stretches a lot but I don't know how to benchmark it relative to what I have which is the Obsidian and Graphite.

thereaintnofutureinthis

Reaction score
@tommo and anyone else who can chime in with advice

1) How is the fabric thickness of the Carbon compared to the Obsidian? I own the Obsidian and felt like they were slightly thicker than the Graphite which is the only other pair I have in JE. I live in a hot climate, so generally love fabrics on the thinner side
2) If I wear a size 30 in Obsidian and Graphite, what would you recommend for Carbon? I heard the Carbon stretches a lot but I don't know how to benchmark it relative to what I have which is the Obsidian and Graphite.

carbon is thinner than obsidian by a while. Very soft and comfortable.
Ive gone true to size with all my denim but some people go down 1 from TTS on carbon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads