• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kger91

Reaction score
Awesome! I was just lucky to get them on the SNKRS site at the drop time.

I hit on the SNKRS app too and got the green and white ones. So crazy.

Btw thanks for the all recommendations on this forum for the spruce cast 2's. Was my first JE denim and it's the nicest pair (fit + quality) i've ever owned. Definitely going to pick up more.

Thatguyjlar

Reaction score
Blackmeans thumper. Was worried it may be too big as I ordered a size up from
any other JE I have, but I’m happy with the sightly oversized and cropped fit.

Attachments

• B9F5FF8B-A0A0-4DEE-8AD0-C2CF880B7982.jpeg
    B9F5FF8B-A0A0-4DEE-8AD0-C2CF880B7982.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 149

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it’s the same material it will definitely bag out in the knees, butt and any other high tension area.
There’s an obvious answer to this problem, and I’m surprised it hasn’t been done.
Double layer the problem areas, like you would in work pants.
The Escobar’s would be the perfect style for this due to the knee panels. They would just need to reinforce or double panel the knees. Hopefully from the inside so you don’t see the extra layer on the outside. Same with the butt.
The Nike tech fleece has a gusseted crotch to help with movement, I would take it one step further and actually reinforce the seat, again a nod from work wear (I actually had a pair of kith sweats back in the day that had a seat like this, they weren’t reinforced though)
55A7C633-07DC-4A7D-A153-838F1EE079E7.png

Again double the material in this area on the inside and extend it to a gusseted crotch.
In my imagination it would work well, but who knows in the real world, but it’s worth looking into.
F94906D7-8780-4465-8DB8-3FC81DADC701.png

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got mine in. Probably my favorite JE hoodie to date. Love that it is a heavier weight material. Only downside is the neck opening is very small and it’s a struggle to get my head through every time.

Agreed! I noticed that as well. I'm hoping the neck opening will stretch with time.

The Boucle hoodies do look fantastic. I'm actually wearing my OG (?) boucle sweatpants right now (peppered black). Gonna wait around for sale szn!

Also, Air Force 1 restock was really clutch. Good way to use return credits.

I was on the verge of buying them from StockX last week. I'm glad I waited.

How hard was it to get the JE X Air Force 1 this morning?

Quick and painless. They hit the site a few minutes before the actual drop.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I see the volt beach hoodie on sale for deep discount in a few places. Personally it's one of my favorites and at discount highly recommend it.

On a another note....finally having a good sneaker week :)

Where do you see the volt beach hoodie? And how much is this discount lol? Thanks

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a timely fit with the BF Exclusive Chrome Camo Crew (sized up one from typical M to L) and Boucle sweats from last season (sized down one from typical M to S). They have stretched a bit in the knee and seat in my experience too as others have mentioned. JE needs to lower that back rise.

Attachments

• JE (Chrome Camo_Boucle).jpg
    JE (Chrome Camo_Boucle).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 127
  • JE_Chrome_Camo.jpg
    JE_Chrome_Camo.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 104

garbageman

Reaction score
Here's a timely fit with the BF Exclusive Chrome Camo Crew (sized up one from typical M to L) and Boucle sweats from last season (sized down one from typical M to S). They have stretched a bit in the knee and seat in my experience too as others have mentioned. JE needs to lower that back rise.
sweats + carpet coordination on point

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot I also had this fit with the Replica Hoodie from a few season's back. I picked up the LA Sweats from this past BF, which have a similar hand, but don't have a fit with those handy, might have to pair them up.

Also, for those of you out there looking for a heavy french terry sweatshirt JE alternative, I'll put in a rec for Lady White Co's Super Weighted hoodie. I picked up the faded black colorway recently and it does not disappoint. Slightly oversized fit (True to size - I took a medium), french terry material, fantastic construction and great heavier weight.

sweats + carpet coordination on point

:laugh:

Attachments

• JE_Replica_Hoodie_Sage_Jacket.jpg
    JE_Replica_Hoodie_Sage_Jacket.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 119

quickstruck

Reaction score
I forgot I also had this fit with the Replica Hoodie from a few season's back. I picked up the LA Sweats from this past BF, which have a similar hand, but don't have a fit with those handy, might have to pair them up.

Also, for those of you out there looking for a heavy french terry sweatshirt JE alternative, I'll put in a rec for Lady White Co's Super Weighted hoodie. I picked up the faded black colorway recently and it does not disappoint. Slightly oversized fit (True to size - I took a medium), french terry material, fantastic construction and great heavier weight.

:laugh:

Pic of hoodie? How’d you discover the brand?

TCNY

Reaction score
Villian crew , and nylon vest, and high tops in leather

Attachments

• CB560125-C456-45CF-AB9D-C0CB906F84BA.jpeg
    CB560125-C456-45CF-AB9D-C0CB906F84BA.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 99

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, sized up, this looks so much better.

Also, on this whole sweatpants stretching thing... they're sweatpants. They are stretchy, made from natural fibers, and their original purpose is basically for being cozy on your couch. Don't all sweatpants stretch out and bag? And if you don't want the poop butt, you should probably avoid buying something with an extended rise or a slight drop crotch! I don't know, just feels like everybody is complaining about sweatpants behaving like sweatpants.

Speaking of JE alternatives, just grabbed the new heavyweight cotton sweats and hoodie from Outdoor Voices. Nice weight, great fit, just not as luxe as the stuff in the $200 price range. https://www.outdoorvoices.com/collections/cotton?genderFilter=Men (TEAMOV-NATE or TEAMOV-BRONWYN will get you 40% off right now too.)

zabo358

Reaction score
There’s an obvious answer to this problem, and I’m surprised it hasn’t been done.
Double layer the problem areas, like you would in work pants.
The Escobar’s would be the perfect style for this due to the knee panels. They would just need to reinforce or double panel the knees. Hopefully from the inside so you don’t see the extra layer on the outside. Same with the butt.
The Nike tech fleece has a gusseted crotch to help with movement, I would take it one step further and actually reinforce the seat, again a nod from work wear (I actually had a pair of kith sweats back in the day that had a seat like this, they weren’t reinforced though)
View attachment 1302110
Again double the material in this area on the inside and extend it to a gusseted crotch.
In my imagination it would work well, but who knows in the real world, but it’s worth looking into. View attachment 1302109
Agree this seems like a great idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads