• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

JE, will you begin producing a XS size in the Escobar Sweatpant now that you've adjusted the sizing? Small fit me perfectly, maybe even a bit big, so hearing that everything fits bigger now is a bit upsetting considering I cannot size down.

I love my Grey Duo 2 and Black Escobars from last season, and I'm hoping to grow the collection with new colors in the future.

We are planning on introducing the XS...That's why we tried to makes sure to pass on this crucial info! Thanks for the feedback!!

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Holy **** I just went back to check out the silk blend tee's. $128?!?
I was expecting a price bump with the new fabric but not double.
I'm not saying it's not worth it, just unexpected.

EDIT: PS is the fit on these villain crews the same as the fit on the initial villain hoodies? I got an XL in the hoodie from the fall and it's good, but the measurements up on site for the crewneck seem a little roomier. It's probably just a difference in how the measurements are taken, and will be fine either way. Just curious.

Size the same on these two items. Thanks!

adammusic

Reaction score
11.35$ to ship a crewneck tee is a gouge. USPS Small box flat rate is $5.80. Yes, it's only 5$. Still.

Also please make a straight bottom u-neck again !!

Last edited:

ben10

Reaction score
any restocks happening on hooded villains?? and when Canadian stockist receive product?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

11.35$ to ship a crewneck tee is a gouge. USPS Small box flat rate is $5.80. Yes, it's only 5$. Still.

Also please make a straight bottom u-neck again !!

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately for us and our customers USPS lost a number of our packages in the last year, so we have switched carriers to UPS. We will continue to work on less expensive and more efficient ways to ship, and improving the customer experience overall. When it works, USPS Priority is a great solution, but when it doesn't work USPS customer service is a broken link in getting our product to our customers.

USPS often doesn't scan packages and the tracking numbers we provide sit with "electronic shipping info received" even up until our customers receive a package.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

any restocks happening on hooded villains?? and when Canadian stockist receive product?

Yes. We will continue to restock through March and April. Roden Gray will have Grey & Black Hooded Villains soon!

adammusic

Reaction score
I understand. Kind of. Doesn't UPS offer discounted rates for businesses since they became your primary shipping source? And I've finally after 10 years had a USPS package that didn't arrive, it's been stuck at a sorting facility for a month now. So I finally understand the terrible reputation USPS has. Regardless, the overpricing of the products should at least translate to free shipping for your customers lo. Shipping should have been calculated into the price from the start, so at least we felt like we were getting a deal lol. It's cool though, whatever. Maybe get more product over to Revolve again. Will that be happening? Direct from you must be more profitable during this super hype time lol. Either way I'm a fan. More size guides on all the products (like you already have on the u-neck's & crew necks) would be awesome too. Since everyone on here is asking constantly lol. That fit visualizer that Acne uses on their site is cool. http://www.virtusize.com

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Regardless, the overpricing of the products should at least translate to free shipping for your customers lo.

Thanks for your support and we appreciate you! Our goods are all made in Los Angeles, by skilled sewers at fair wages, and sourced from the best materials in the world - custom milled fabrics, RiRi zippers, and Japanese denim. That is not a great model for selling "overpriced" goods.

UPS does offer discounted rates, and our account is tied into our site. We did not switch to UPS to raise prices, we were actually passing on savings with USPS and I was very happy with the service when it worked. For the moment at least that service is not worth it for the amount of lost packages or non-active tracking we dealt with.

Last edited:

adammusic

Reaction score
I know, there's alot to consider when pricing. I understand about shipping too. At "least" customer service is A++ !!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and they will also come in the silk blends.
are you thinking about making a mercer tee? Mercer tank looks perfect for layering, but there are a lot of people that do not like wearing tank directly under a hoodie or pullover. Including me. I personally prefer U neck tee over "mercer tee", but that tee would be more perfect for layering with villain, because of the sime lines at the bottom part. I hope you understand what I mean.
shog[1].gif

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

are you thinking about making a mercer tee? Mercer tank looks perfect for layering, but there are a lot of people that do not like wearing tank directly under a hoodie or pullover. Including me. I personally prefer U neck tee over "mercer tee", but that tee would be more perfect for layering with villain, because of the sime lines at the bottom part. I hope you understand what I mean.
shog%5B1%5D.gif

The Mercer Tee is in the Fall 2014 collection. It should be out in July or August...It actually has a bigger neck, not quite like the U neck but bigger than the classic crew, with a very similar hem to the Mercer Tank.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics