John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. soqueriaterum

soqueriaterum Senior member

How do you guys measure the tights on the Escobar. Is it straight from the crotch or inclined as the chart shows? I sent an email and a PM with mode details on my sizing doubts. Thanks.

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

From the largest point of the thigh, which is from the bottom of the crotch across.

3. Donut

Donut Senior member

When will Simon's be stocking JE?

4. Astyl

Astyl New Member

Any discount codes?

5. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

welcome [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

So I just found out about this brand a few days ago from reading the Bespoke Post. The brand reminds me in some ways to Wings and Horns but with an aesthetic that I prefer more. I had a few questions.

1. When can we expect inventory to hit Roden Gray? Will they receive any of your washed denim?

2. I read your comments about USPS, but I've personally never had any lost packages. With the thousand of dollars I've saved over the years, even if I lost a package I would still come out ahead. If the customer assumes all risk if the package gets lost, are you willing to ship with USPS? The problem with UPS as your shipping option aside from the really high price right now is the Brokerage Fees that UPS charges. For a Canadian customer, I expect to pay around 20-25% of the value of the good unless you're marking it down for me. It's just not worth it, plus the cost of shipping. I also live in a Condo, so when there are brokerage fees attached I have the added hassle of having the package sit at the depot since my concierge can't sign the package on my behalf.

Otherwise it seems like Roden Gray is my only online option right now, as Atrium also charges a lot for shipping as they use UPS as well.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

USPS loses double the packages of UPS or Fedex FWIW and the insurance rates are worse, nevermind the tracking issues.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  8. optimaasprime

So many people are crying about the shipping. Once they become large UPS shipper they prices will drop in shipping. You have to take in account handling as well.. It takes money to order shipping supplies, labels, tape, a person to package the cloths up. USPS is great for the average person reselling items, almost no company use USPS because there crappy status updates, they take signature from ANYONE. You have to pay to have good customer service. I have experience with the 4 major shipping companies, as well as freight. Ive had pleasure of doing logistics around the world. If you want to get around paying a broke fee and have someone ship USPS hire a proxy.

If you want cheaper shipping or free shipping. Wait till Revolve or Atrium NYC gets there stock.

9. Astyl

Astyl New Member

Appreciate it homie. Excited to join you guys. Any luck on some codes?

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

GTFO.

Also, lazy Sunday fit with Escobars - sized up to avoid jegging look/awkward bulges.

[​IMG]

Yesterday with U-neck

[​IMG]

11. soqueriaterum

soqueriaterum Senior member

Thank you. I was confused by the line on the chart. Went with XL (6,2"/190pounds/34 jeans 12,75 tights). My order is 1881 but I had trouble choosing an USA shipping address in Paypal. I've already sent an email through customer service. Please do not ship before reading it. Thank you again, sorry if I've disturbed the thread and have a great week.

12. optimaasprime

So mad I didnt get the black escobars LOL.. OH WELL always looking forward to the 2 months I can wear sweatpants all the time NEXT YEAR!

13. smokinginja

smokinginja Active Member

had to join styleforum just to say i am so pleased w the john elliott brand. the clothes fit so nice. cant wait to have a pair of the cast/coast denim jeans. hope they restock again.

14. Shaun Robbins

Shaun Robbins Active Member

i see the u curve t's are longer in the back is the regular crew necks longer than a regular t-shirt. i want a longer shirt but U necks look weird on me... if not can i anyone recommend one thanks one longer in the back would be cool too

15. optimaasprime

I PM'd you