• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Has the materials of the hooded villain ever switched up? My grey villain is made of 100% cotton, but my friends black hoodie is made of 83% cotton 17% polyester.

Those two must be mis-tagged in terms of the composition tag. The grey has always been 83% cotton 17% polyester to achieve the grey melange look. The black, and any other color that is not heather (besides loopwheel) has always been 100% cotton.

starlord22

Reaction score

definitely going to get a pair, not nkw cause it's already 75 out everyday lol.

Debating on the leather jacket, looks amazing. It's going to sit in my closet till Novemeber cause it doesn't stay cold in Texas.
Yeah, us texas folks won't be able to use much of it until November lol. Rider looks so slick and nice!

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ the arguments. I'm sure the profit is pretty high on the jacket. But the price is the price. They are only going to keep rising with new products so just prepare yourself now. Still gonna cop what I can: too good haha but yeah guys. No point in arguing with JE you already know what they gonna say by now.

Just gotta deal with it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty big mental disconnect for someone who wears a 50 or 52 in MMM and Rick to be a small based on the above advice (I'm 5ft 10 155-160). Shrug, we'll see, maybe I'll pick one up just to handle it.

Last edited:

StPauli

Reaction score
Pretty big mental disconnect for someone who wears a 50 or 52 in MMM and Rick to be a small based on the above advice (I'm 5ft 10 155-160). Shrug, we'll see, maybe I'll pick one up just to handle it.
Wait for the (hopefully accurate) sizing chart. That said, the more recent 6'1" model with brown hair appears to be more built than the other two on the products page.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If you wear that size in Rick and MMM you probably want a medium. I'm giving that advice based on how we like to wear them, initially tight and cropped with room to break it in. You could definitely go medium. I've also tried to stress on here that the model is wearing it small. He would be best fit in a medium.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Why you wearing 50-52 in Rick? I got 30 pound and 2 inches on you that's what I wear.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine what the conversations would be like if there was a Fear of God LA thread and a Fear of God LA employee responding to questions lol

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why you wearing 50-52 in Rick? I got 30 pound and 2 inches on you that's what I wear.

Depends on the item. Some seasons also ran small. Big drop so shoulders are almost always the problem with Rick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics