• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do yall wear the kitos? Scrunched all the way at the bottom (I think I saw a few models wearing it like that on the runway)? Or scrunched knees and below like the model on the site? I just got mine in and I'm trying to figure out how to wear them. Might take some time getting getting used to with the 42" inseam and the dropcotch.

StPauli

Reaction score
How do yall wear the kitos? Scrunched all the way at the bottom (I think I saw a few models wearing it like that on the runway)? Or scrunched knees and below like the model on the site? I just got mine in and I'm trying to figure out how to wear them. Might take some time getting getting used to with the 42" inseam and the dropcotch.
I would start the stacking below the knee. I think they are far too long for most to only stack around the ankles.

drb1911

Reaction score
Rider jacket looks pretty good. I find much of my outerwear is a small, though I typically wear a medium in clothing items. Relative to the market and the style the price is probably pretty fair, but I'm just not sure I'd want buy from a relatively unestablished outerwear maker. JE's niche is sweats/hoodies, etcetera. The design is quality, but those are Burberry like prices, and I personally think Burberry makes amazing coats and jackets. Side note: for the price however, I'd like to see a much nicer tag inside my jacket..that tag doesn't hold up on the tees that well, I really don't see it holding up on a leather jacket. What if I actually decide to hang this expensive coat up on a hook. Otherwise just got for a nice clean JE&co leather patch inside the jacket...or a nice sturdy chain or link that is actually functional. At this price everything matters to me. Might be one of those pieces worth buying, and trying it on just to gauge the quality.

On another note, I will say these prices are getting a bit unbearable. It's like JE came to the market with rinsable prices, got a strong following and as expected prices are on the rise. Pretty basic business tactic. These flimsy overshirt prices are ridiculous. I own a couple of the heavier ones for winter and though overpriced, I wear them a lot. These Spring/Summer shirts are so light that I can't understand why anyone would actually buy one over a Jcrew slim fit long sleeve button down. It's hard to justify that cobrax buttons and the cut are worth three times what is being sold by others...guess we are now paying for the name of the brand to an extent. I'm sure this price can be explained away by some special stitching/design technique, but I'm just not a believer. The rest of his price points seem reasonable, just really don't understand the overskirts.

*please excuse any typos

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ We truly try to give our customers the best price we possibly can. The leather jacket is handmade in Los Angeles with all Riri hardware and premium leather. We are well aware that we would actually benefit from having a lower price on some of these items and are not interested in raising prices just because we can or as a strategic business model. The goal is always to bring our products to market at as accessible a price as possible without risking the quality that we stand behind.

J.Crew can run massive quantities of button down shirts overseas at a low retail price. We do not have that same business model.

Last edited:

starlord22

Reaction score

Is this piece what everybody is talking about?

RetroFuture

Reaction score
Wow that jacket looks so good. Tough thing about leather is the sleeves are rarely if ever going to fit like they do on the model. Obviously 9/10 they are custom sized samples so they fit the model perfect. Jacket looks so good though that is for sure
This is very true. I have 2 rider's jackets - a 3.1 Phillip Lim motorcycle jacket and a BLK DNM suede biker jacket. I have slightly shorter arms so the sleeves don't fit as well. I'm waiting on a MTM ToJ though and I made sure to request a shorter length sleeve.

epryor

Reaction score
I also have a BLK DNM biker (amongst Geller and Givenchy leathers) and love the styling of the rider jacket. The price is what's holding me back.

Like someone stated earlier, to pay 60% over my BLK DNM biker from a brand not known for their outerwear or leather goods is a little unnerving. I love the customer service and the majority of the products JE puts out, but to release a leather jacket at $1600 with no other previous examples to even half way compare to craftsmanship wise, ehhh...kind of a stretch for me.

With that said, I'm sure it'll sell out
1f602.png

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I also have a BLK DNM biker (amongst Geller and Givenchy leathers) and love the styling of the rider jacket. The price is what's holding me back.

Like someone stated earlier, to pay 60% over my BLK DNM biker from a brand not known for their outerwear or leather goods is a little unnerving. I love the customer service and the majority of the products JE puts out, but to release a leather jacket at $1600 with no other previous examples to even half way compare to craftsmanship wise, ehhh...kind of a stretch for me.

With that said, I'm sure it'll sell out
1f602.png

Not to knock BLK DNM in any way, they are a great brand - but to compare our jacket's price, which is made in the United States with all Riri hardware and Italian cowhide, to their imported jackets with lesser hardware by comparison, is Apple & oranges in material & labor costs. We don't arbitrarily cost our products based on what we think they can sell at - there is a certain threshold based on the materials we use and where we manufacture them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads