John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

How about locally grown organic apples bought directly from the farmer at a farmers market vs. conventionally grown apples from a factory farm overseas sold at a chain supermarket?

2. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

Will your leather rider stretch a lot over time?

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

It will stretch a bit. I would recommend buying it a bit snug at first and breaking it in.

4. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Prices are high but I still fully support them and wouldn't doubt any new kind of clothing they put out.
    Being made in the USA and not massed produced is something on it's own already.
    I remember receiving my black loopwheel escobars and seeing white chalk marks (at least I hope they were) around the stitching on my pants and then thinking back on the their GQ video of them tracing out the stencils on their terry and them cutting them out.
    Also, they make up for any flaws or defects us customers are willing to reach out to them about as long as we're being reasonable and they usually tend to go above and beyond trying to help us out.
    My girlfriend is even starting to notice me not buying anything else but JE+Co lately haha, which she is also starting to love ever since she received her escobars.

5. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Made in USA = made by hands of illegals in san pedro mart/jobber/garment district in big ass sweat shops for the most part, so no, it doesn't really merit much besides a marketing buzzword. 'Made in Italy' shoes the same way in Prato.

They limit the production of each article of clothing to make sure they reduce inventory and then produce again depending on sales due to the limitation of their own production and to save overhead with inventory that would just be sitting there if left unsold.

This entire thread is a marketer's wet dream.

6. KidBlack

KidBlack Member

What t-shirt would be best for standalone wear, curve u neck or classic crew?

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. Our goods are produced at the cleanest factory in Los Angeles county at fair wages.

Whatever experience you have had with other brands does not automatically apply to us, or to every brand in Los Angeles for that matter. If you had any actual knowledge of our brand's internal operations, which you clearly don't, you wouldn't be making these claims.

8. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

I'm glad you guys are only employing documented workers in taxable wages with benefits and 401ks.

Please.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  9. drb1911

drb1911 Senior member

Loving the open discussion...at the end of the day I am a fan of the brand, which is why I am a part of the forum.

10. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

@JohnElliottCo any sneak peaks or info on the KITH collab? it's releasing next week?

11. bobby321

bobby321 Well-Known Member

Has the materials of the hooded villain ever switched up? My grey villain is made of 100% cotton, but my friends black hoodie is made of 83% cotton 17% polyester.

12. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

definitely going to get a pair, not nkw cause it's already 75 out everyday lol. Debating on the leather jacket, looks amazing. It's going to sit in my closet till Novemeber cause it doesn't stay cold in Texas.

13. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

I've been waiting along time for the riders jacket and excited to buy one (can't bring myself to justify an slp one). I had guessed it would be in the $1,300-1,400 range so not far off and as I have just about one of everything from JE (aside from the denim) I have no concern on quality. @johnelliott the final product looks great.

14. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

As long as people in the USA and especially in Los Angeles are working and making at least minimum wage in a clean and safe environment, I'm satisfied. I work in the entertainment industry out of choice and good luck finding any job that offers benefits. In fact, good luck finding any work period and if you do it'll most likely be freelance. I imagine the fashion industry is not much different.

15. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

They produce at a boutique-y sort of all in one manufacturer that's part of the reshoring movement. I'm not trying to blow up their spot, but it's definitely not a sweatshop.