• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickEPockets

Reaction score
This was released a long time ago, the rebel mesh hoodie in L/S
The pic on Revolve is a pre-order for this season's Rebel hoodie with kangaroo pocket. It says April 15th on their website, but that is usually an estimate.

starlord22

Reaction score
Anybody own Alma sweats? How's the fit and is it worth the price tag? Specifically the grey pair!

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Nothing, I'm just stating people would go crazy about pricing questions. Do you work for them?
Nope, I know people that get to go to the factory who know Jerry. Most of his work is very transparent. Ask me on KTT... I'm Unomaas. Rather not derail this thread more.

Last edited:

helvete

Reaction score
The pic on Revolve is a pre-order for this season's Rebel hoodie with kangaroo pocket. It says April 15th on their website, but that is usually an estimate.
Yeah, this is a new one. I haven't seen it ever on JE's official site. Any info on when it'd be available via JE?

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think my friend said it best:

JE is acting like 'We treat are workers the best, we make no money selling these clothes, we use the finest materials and there is no substitute for our goods.

When All they have to say is yes we aggressively price, but we feel you all will feel satisfied with the product compared to anyone else withjn our price range below or beyond You'll know we did our best to represent the retail price . But nah, they gotta be all egotistic and say Yall lucky we ain't say 3k, we are JE
1f624.png

Personally I think they only had one price mistake and that was with the flannel. Whether the winter one should have been more or this one less idk, but a mistake was made lol. The rest is all up for debate and not toooo outrageous. A little but not crazy. Just some thoughts.

helvete

Reaction score

JE is acting like 'We treat are workers the best, we make no money selling these clothes, we use the finest materials and there is no substitute for our goods.

When All they have to say is yes we aggressively price, but we feel you all will feel satisfied with the product compared to anyone else withjn our price range below or beyond You'll know we did our best to represent the retail price . But nah, they gotta be all egotistic and say Yall lucky we ain't say 3k, we are JE
1f624.png

Personally I think they only had one price mistake and that was with the flannel. Whether the winter one should have been more or this one less idk, but a mistake was made lol. The rest is all up for debate and not toooo outrageous. A little but not crazy. Just some thoughts.

I love JE but one of the worst pieces they put out when discussing quality x price is the bomber. Has anyone felt them? They feel like paper and there isn't much "hardware" either to justify the price.

nymvon

Reaction score
Does anyone no what pieces are dropping with the Kith x JE collab?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

1f624.png

Man some of you guys are so cynical. Damned if you do damned if you don't. We do try to give our customer a good value based on all of that. When people insinuate we are raising prices just because we can, or that we have poor working conditions (we don't) I feel the need to write back.

At the end of the day we appreciate all of you guys and your opinions are valuable either way. There's no ego here.

Last edited:

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man some of you guys are pretty cynical. We are trying to make a great product with great design in the United States with the best materials we can find. We do try to give our customer a good value based on all of that. When people insinuate we are raising prices just because we can, or that we have poor working conditions (we don't) I feel the need to write back.

At the end of the day we appreciate all of you guys and your opinions are valuable either way. There's no ego here.

Of course. I think you just can't word it as good as you want to. Prices will always be debated. At the end of the day we will still cop. Most of us. Just keep making that nice product/cuts
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

You guys are good lol.

brianoh

Reaction score

Man some of you guys are so cynical. Damned if you do damned if you don't. We are trying to make a great product with great design in the United States with the best materials we can find. We do try to give our customer a good value based on all of that. When people insinuate we are raising prices just because we can, or that we have poor working conditions (we don't) I feel the need to write back.

"Damned if you do damned if you don't." - When did we say not to raise the price? What am I missing?

Be real b. Don't be like, "We hire the highest grade Cambodian lactating mothers to put together 83% cotton, 17% poly hoodies with only the finest imported unicorn hides for your leather motos." No offense, but us consumers make your rent. Don't treat us like marketable morons.

You paid your dues and have the marketing and the hype around your brand. You're reaping the benefits after some unsure years of working hard. That's how it works and we appreciate it.

Are you going to compare the fabric of your Villain vs Reigning Champ's? Are you going to pretend like you aren't hiring undocumented workers for lower tax wages and proudly saying "Made in the US?" as if it's your marquee bullet point for charging as if you're top of the line contemporary brand? It's all fair practices within the industry. Please do us a favor and go one above as if you're doing us consumers a favor in the guise of altruistic purposes.

The Kith JE is going to be the next level of easy dumb marketing and hype that I can't wait to see.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

"Damned if you do damned if you don't." - When did we say not to raise the price? What am I missing?

Be real b. Don't be like, "We hire the highest grade Cambodian lactating mothers to put together 83% cotton, 17% poly hoodies with only the finest imported unicorn hides for your leather motos." No offense, but us consumers make your rent. Don't treat us like marketable morons.

Did I really say or insinuate any of this? I was illustrating the fact that it costs more to produce our jacket than a jacket that is made overseas. We make a product with high quality materials in a clean factory that treats their employees well. None of this is a marketing gimmick. We stand behind our products and practices 100%, anyone who has ordered from us knows this.

And you are right. We are a business. We try to keep our prices reasonable because our customers find value in them at the price they are at given the materials and quality. Of course we benefit from our direct to customer model online, but we also bring a majority of these products to market using a wholesale model.

No one is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. We are being "real." I'm not sure what experiences you have had in the industry or with other brands but we are trying to run an honest business and have an open dialogue with our customers. That's it.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You paid your dues and have the marketing and the hype around your brand. You're reaping the benefits after some unsure years of working hard. That's how it works and we appreciate it.

Are you going to compare the fabric of your Villain vs Reigning Champ's? Are you going to pretend like you aren't hiring undocumented workers for lower tax wages and proudly saying "Made in the US?" as if it's your marquee bullet point for charging as if you're top of the line contemporary brand? It's all fair practices within the industry. Please do us a favor and go one above as if you're doing us consumers a favor in the guise of altruistic purposes.

The Kith JE is going to be the next level of easy dumb marketing and hype that I can't wait to see.

Yeezus, dude. What do you want from them?!? As someone very familiar with the business (clothing), I can tell you, there will always be debates about whether producing domestically is that beneficial to our economy when compared to producing overseas. It's not going to get answered in this forum or this thread. This company doesn't have the answer. They're just trying to do the best they can by them, and I think they should be applauded for that, instead of berated. Not every response is a shot at you or their supporters. Please don't be so sensitive. Foreign production/outsourcing of the 80's ravaged American manufacturing because you could get (in theory) things made just as well, produced at a fraction of the price. However, we've all seen how that turned out. This company and many like them, IN THE BOUTIQUE MENSWEAR PRICE RANGE, have decided to operate differently...and I can tell you, FROM QUOTING BOTH, that it has it's advantages and it's disadvantages. One of those disadvantages being price. Given where they produce, with the quality of fabrics they produce in (produced in Japan and imported), and playing into the retail model which they serve, their prices are completely reasonable. If you don't think so, don't buy from them/support them.

As to the Cambodian mother comment....people come to this country all the time LEGALLY and obtain jobs like this because of their skills in such trades and their inability to speak the language. It's been that way for awhile. The Italian suit makers who helped Ralph Lauren, et al, get into business, while more specialized, were also first generation immigrants, his textile people; first generation jews. The garment trade in Los Angeles is FILLED with immigrants. They are the pattern makers, factory owners, textile manufactures, etc. I'm not going to pretend that a number of these people don't exploit undocumented workers, but at what point will you be satisfied? When the entire process is handled by college educated white males? Do you have such a polarizing reaction to your $34 steak cooked by undocumented immigrants served on a plate cleaned by them? The American garment manufacturing business as it stands now, isn't perfect. But at least these people are trying to make a difference.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads