• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know if Saks carries sz 29 denim? only seeing 30 on their site.
I don’t believe they do as far as I know, some of these bigger retailers often only go down to 30. I’m a 29 as well and have ran into that problem. And then there’s the stores that only order in even sizes (30, 32, 34)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tisci Burberry is going to be total ****. Chris Bailey digging in the archives is >>>>>

Kim Jones to Dior, also trash. As someone who liked Hedi did at Dior and owns Hedi SLP, the big houses gotta stop with this "streetwear" trash already.

wttm

Reaction score
Tisci Burberry is going to be total ****. Chris Bailey digging in the archives is >>>>>

Kim Jones to Dior, also trash. As someone who liked Hedi did at Dior and owns Hedi SLP, the big houses gotta stop with this "streetwear" trash already.

Hard to stop when they pull in the dough, just like the dad/chunky shoes. Just move on to Celine.

Mkchll

Reaction score
Question for you guys on sizing in SLP denim. Can I get away with a size up from JE or should they be the same size?

Found a pair D02 FW16 in a 34 I like but im a 33 in JE,

They've also been tapered to a 6.5" hem

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys on sizing in SLP denim. Can I get away with a size up from JE or should they be the same size?

Found a pair D02 FW16 in a 34 I like but im a 33 in JE,

They've also been tapered to a 6.5" hem
That’s odd that they’ve been tapered to a 6.5” hem because they should’ve had a 6”/15cm hem to begin with.

You can get away with one size up from JE and they’ll fit the same in the legs, but the waist is a bit looser. I wear 29 in JE and 30 in D02’s and need a belt even though the legs are skin tight.

Mkchll

Reaction score
That’s odd that they’ve been tapered to a 6.5” hem because they should’ve had a 6”/15cm hem to begin with.

You can get away with one size up from JE and they’ll fit the same in the legs, but the waist is a bit looser. I wear 29 in JE and 30 in D02’s and need a belt even though the legs are skin tight.

Ok thanks! That's strange, 6" on all D02's? I thought I read somewhere the hem varies. Can anyone else confirm.

The ad says hem tailored to 6.5"

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! That's strange, 6" on all D02's? I thought I read somewhere the hem varies. Can anyone else confirm.

The ad says hem tailored to 6.5"
Some of the newer D02’s are slightly looser below the knee, but the largest variation I’ve seen is up to 15.5-16cm. If they were larger than 6.5” to begin with it sounds more like D01’s than D02’s. Maybe ask him to remeasure or clarify the fit

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do SLP stretch/break in as well?

Mkchll

Reaction score
Some of the newer D02’s are slightly looser below the knee, but the largest variation I’ve seen is up to 15.5-16cm. If they were larger than 6.5” to begin with it sounds more like D01’s than D02’s. Maybe ask him to remeasure or clarify the fit

He's saying original hem was 7". Here's the listing. If anyone could take a look to authenticate? I'm a complete newb to SLP denim.
https://www.ebay.com/listings/4733287 ****forget it grailed link come up as dead enf ebay link here...will post pics later

Sorry to be posting this here. It's just I mostly only wear JE denim, so i value the opinion here most, and know a lot of you are also into SLP.

Last edited:

tommo

Reaction score
Firstly - don’t buy SLP denim online unless you know exactly which ones you’re buying and your exact size. They are all different. SLP D02 in one colour will be a different fit to another.

Ive got grey, two shades of blue, 2 black raw and one ripped black raw. The black fit different to blue.

They’re the best jeans you can buy in my opinion. Don’t stretch at all like JE denim does. They are longer in the leg too so stack better.

Don’t try and save the money thru buying second hand there’s a ton of very good fakes out there. Further to that you’d be mad to buy a pair that’s been tailored for someone else.

Essentially if it’s your first pair of SLP denim you have to go to a Saint Laurent store really to get the fit right. Once you’ve done that and know your colours/codes and size buy them online.

Finally - they are cheaper in store than anywhere online. Example is the D02 raw black, it’s £310 online everywhere, even on ysl.com. In store they are £270.

rs1398

Reaction score
Fellas in the market for a down jacket. Definitely interested in the descente allterrain collab next fall but will most likely be over 1k. I was looking into these two north face options, the l6 looks similar to the descente option. Anyone own any of these two or know of another brand to look into? Trying to avoid the Michelin man look.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-summit-l6-down-belay-parka-nf0a33pw?variationId=JK3#hero=0

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/m...ariationId=BH2&rrec=true&cm_vc=Certona#hero=0

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firstly - don’t buy SLP denim online unless you know exactly which ones you’re buying and your exact size. They are all different. SLP D02 in one colour will be a different fit to another.

Ive got grey, two shades of blue, 2 black raw and one ripped black raw. The black fit different to blue.

They’re the best jeans you can buy in my opinion. Don’t stretch at all like JE denim does. They are longer in the leg too so stack better.

Don’t try and save the money thru buying second hand there’s a ton of very good fakes out there. Further to that you’d be mad to buy a pair that’s been tailored for someone else.

Essentially if it’s your first pair of SLP denim you have to go to a Saint Laurent store really to get the fit right. Once you’ve done that and know your colours/codes and size buy them online.

Finally - they are cheaper in store than anywhere online. Example is the D02 raw black, it’s £310 online everywhere, even on ysl.com. In store they are £270.

Problem now is the current denim is like nothing that was produced a few years ago. Hard to find anything new anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads