• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the bone one. I would cop cause I never had a piece like this before but I wanna see it in person first. If other retailers get it, and I get to try it on in store there's a bigger chance I'll cop if it works for me.

I’m waiting on feedback myself. If barneys gets it I can try it on. Mainly interested in thickness. If I can wear as a light jacket I’ll get it.

Marco Storari

Reaction score
Gah, I just copped the bone and the presidio's in 34

Gonna email John Elliott to see if they can kindly expedite a loyal customer to me so I get it by Thursday before I take off.

Xxcapo

Reaction score
Same exact thing for me (specific size and all). You going to return or see how they break in?

I'm torn honestly. I know they won't break in any smaller but I am considering soaking them if I keep them, to try and have them shrink down within the size 31 specs. I'm almost positive all their jeans start out this way but shrink a full size once distressed and washed.

Xxcapo

Reaction score
i seriously doubt these (the obsidians) are unsanfornized jeans lol. i would be surprised if they shrink more than other JE

I am not sure, but I think even sanforized shrinks a little. All I know is that these are bigger than any 31 I've tried from JE, I knew it as soon as I put them on. They feel baggy, they don't hug in the areas they should. I emailed them asking if it was a new cut haha.

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
Gah, I just copped the bone and the presidio's in 34

Gonna email John Elliott to see if they can kindly expedite a loyal customer to me so I get it by Thursday before I take off.

Interested in seeing how the bone looks. I would have went for that one if I didn't go for the jacquard. Also here's to hoping they take care of you, I feel like it takes a while for anything to get to NYC.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, but I think even sanforized shrinks a little. All I know is that these are bigger than any 31 I've tried from JE, I knew it as soon as I put them on. They feel baggy, they don't hug in the areas they should. I emailed them asking if it was a new cut haha.

They look too big man. Even if they shrink a little in the wash, they're going to bag back out with a few wears. I'd send them back. You won't be happy with them in the long run.

FWIW, my 28s are measuring 15.5" across the waist, but match up to the other measurements. I think the Obsidians must just be running large in the waist. Anybody else with a 28 measured theirs yet? Would be curious to know how other pairs are measuring.

Xxcapo

Reaction score
The obsidians are large all over. The whole leg is baggy on me. A normal 31 hugs my leg all the way down to amost my ankle.

513wildcat

Reaction score
First wear on my obsidians. Amazing. I got a 28 and they don't feel any different in the waist from any other 28 I have.

7C129D46-C93E-499D-B17E-DF625D93C275.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does Yoox do ? Limit returns ?

If you return too high of a % of your items, they prevent you from making returns. Not sure if this just covers Yoox itself or all of the sites they power now (most of the luxury e-boutiques).

TheOpOg

Reaction score
If you return too high of a % of your items, they prevent you from making returns. Not sure if this just covers Yoox itself or all of the sites they power now (most of the luxury e-boutiques).
It's actually a good idea, especially in this day in age, with all the Instagram flexer's. I am sure a bunch of those guys/girls order a couple G's worth of clothes, take a bunch of pics, pack it all back up, exchange it for some new fits, and start the cycle over. They end up ruining free shipping and returns for the rest of us. Tracking it allows them to prevent abuse by these few. I honestly don't mind it as long as you are able to make a reasonable amount of returns in relation to the amount you're actually keeping and paying for.

raulishere

Reaction score
The obsidians are large all over. The whole leg is baggy on me. A normal 31 hugs my leg all the way down to amost my ankle.

Return them if you're unhappy, making 7 posts about your jeans being .25 off wont change anything. If it really bugs you this much now then it certainly will later.

Not sure if you're just trying to make a big deal at this point in hopes of having JE customer service chime in.

Marco Storari

Reaction score
Hi Marco Storari,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your order ##### is currently processing at our fulfillment center. We ship orders within 2-3 business days, but strive to ship them same day.

Once your order ships out, you should receive an email notification with the tracking number.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Thanks,

Slater

-_-

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the reason why a lot of people make returns (at least on this thread) is because the majority of us are college students and/or middle class income earners. Buying a JE piece is no small dent in the coffer but an investment. Throwing $300-$400 dollars at something made of fabric better be exactly to my liking or I'm sending it back. Not to mention, I'm paying for the return delivery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads