• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beans718

Reaction score

Here is mine in a small

what shoes are those

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah black and olive were both in the lookbook, also dark grey or something like that. http://www.johnelliott.co/pages/fall-winter-16-delivery-2-lookbook

I really love the plain look of that bomber as I am most of the time wearing full JE outfit. All black everything or washed denim + white tee. I already have olive Acne Selo and APC Rudy bomber but I love this JE as well. APC is coming out with black bomber similar or identical to last seasons Rudy but this time in black with silver zippers so it will be very hard to choose JE or APC as the price point is almost the same on both items. Damn it is a hard call. I am sucker for olive and black classic bombers!

Here is the photo of APC Rudy Bomber which I really love and fit is great as well, what do you guys think?

OakGhost

Reaction score
Radon question but if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I bought the first release riders jacket in size small..best fitting leather on me that I have ever tried and am a huge SL guy. I'm currently buying a SL leather gillet and am using my riders for measurement comparison. The current riders says it's 16.1" shoulder to shoulder but I'm not sure if the sizing has stayed the same with each release or if they've gotten bigger with the cuts? Any info would be appreciated!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah black and olive were both in the lookbook, also dark grey or something like that. http://www.johnelliott.co/pages/fall-winter-16-delivery-2-lookbook I really love the plain look of that bomber as I am most of the time wearing full JE outfit. All black everything or washed denim + white tee. I already have olive Acne Selo and APC Rudy bomber but I love this JE as well. APC is coming out with black bomber similar or identical to last seasons Rudy but this time in black with silver zippers so it will be very hard to choose JE or APC as the price point is almost the same on both items. Damn it is a hard call. I am sucker for olive and black classic bombers! Here is the photo of APC Rudy Bomber which I really love and fit is great as well, what do you guys think?
To throw another one in the mix, I'm a big fan of the stamd bomber, it also comes in black
https://www.stampd.com/collections/all/products/charmeuse-bomber-olive Edit: also to look into, Maison kitsune made some bad ass bombers last season if you can get a hold of one.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah black and olive were both in the lookbook, also dark grey or something like that. http://www.johnelliott.co/pages/fall-winter-16-delivery-2-lookbook

I really love the plain look of that bomber as I am most of the time wearing full JE outfit. All black everything or washed denim + white tee. I already have olive Acne Selo and APC Rudy bomber but I love this JE as well. APC is coming out with black bomber similar or identical to last seasons Rudy but this time in black with silver zippers so it will be very hard to choose JE or APC as the price point is almost the same on both items. Damn it is a hard call. I am sucker for olive and black classic bombers!

The JE bomber is garbage. By contrast, the Rudy is one of the best bombers that has been released in the past few years. I love mine and will 100% be picking up the black model as well.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The JE bomber is garbage. By contrast, the Rudy is one of the best bombers that has been released in the past few years. I love mine and will 100% be picking up the black model as well.

Kind of harsh, what don't you like about the JE one? Also what do you like about the APC one? The concealed placket looks kind of strange IMO. Care to share some pics?

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Radon question but if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I bought the first release riders jacket in size small..best fitting leather on me that I have ever tried and am a huge SL guy. I'm currently buying a SL leather gillet and am using my riders for measurement comparison. The current riders says it's 16.1" shoulder to shoulder but I'm not sure if the sizing has stayed the same with each release or if they've gotten bigger with the cuts? Any info would be appreciated!

When I bought my rider last year I asked CS if the sizing had changed over the years, mike said it has stayed the same. Hope that helps

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of harsh, what don't you like about the JE one? Also what do you like about the APC one? The concealed placket looks kind of strange IMO. Care to share some pics?

Sorry, maybe garbage is the wrong word. I just don't like the pocket placement, nor do I see anything "nice" about it. By contrast, the Rudy is basically perfect: fits well, quality is top notch, has a nice luxe sheen, etc. I don't think I've ever worn it and not had someone comment on it.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
I agree the Bogota bomber is a big pass. Soooo many better bombers. I guess the better question is what do you like about the bogota bomber? Looks very plain and boring, pocket placement is stupid, the material is not a tech material or water resistant, the thick insulated thermowhatever liner could hinder layering. The insulated lining is good for a winter coat but for a bomber it's a bit odd. I just look at that olive bogota and think of how much nicer my iridescent olive bomber is. I look at the black one and I can think of 5 other black bombers I'd buy before that one. JE can't hit on everything and I'm sure there's a lot of people that like these.. why Idk but hey who am I to say

Enexde96

Reaction score
Pass on the Bogota for me as well. Agree with the pocket too, but mainly I just can't stand the look and feel of satin on my clothing.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@nsubrmnn
  Hey man, do you happen to have broad shoulders? Your height and weight are near identical to my specs as well, only thing is I have broad shoulders from having played sports and weight lifting back in the day so IDK if I would be a small or medium. Has it been said JE jackets usually fit slightly bigger? Really liking the black bogata bomber, pics were appreciated

Here it is with a black kake on, fits well, but medium would prob be more comfortable with a sweatshirt underneath. I don't feel restricted though.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree the Bogota bomber is a big pass. Soooo many better bombers.  I guess the better question is what do you like about the bogota bomber? Looks very plain and boring, pocket placement is stupid, the material is not a tech material or water resistant, the thick insulated thermowhatever liner could hinder layering.  The insulated lining is good for a winter coat but for a bomber it's a bit odd. I just look at that olive bogota and think of how much nicer my iridescent olive bomber is. I look at the black one and I can think of 5 other black bombers I'd buy before that one.  JE can't hit on everything and I'm sure there's a lot of people that like these.. why Idk but hey who am I to say 

It is Water resistant

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics