1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

Linen cardigan is probably the most disappointing item I've picked up in a long time. The quality seems to be fine, but outside of that, not much good to say about it.

The fabric feels like twine rope and is so heavy that it pulls heavily on your shirt underneath (since it basically has no structure and hangs like a 4 pound burlap sack). The sleeves are ridiculously baggy, so much that the forearm is actually about the same width as the thigh on some of my jeans. And if you're thinking of sizing down, I doubt it'll help, as I'm usually between XL and XXL and I think a Small would still fit horribly, and add too short of sleeves.

Overall, save your $425. Hell, save the money you'll have to pay to ship it back.

2 people like this.
  2. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

@hermesonly looks good.

1 person likes this.
  3. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thank You [​IMG]

4. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Jacket looks real good - now you need some new kicks. New balance are not doing your fit any favors.

3 people like this.
  5. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

They'll be that one pair of shorts I'll wear 24/7. I'm def keeping black and beige. I didn't like natural as much as the other two. Might send it back this week for a refund. Keep an eye out on the site for that return.

I grabbed the paneled shorts and hellweek pullover since I didn't see any fit pics on here. Let's see how they work out.

6. JR918

JR918 Senior member

Looks like Oro shorts dropping tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Them shorts be lookin mighty fresh

8. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

anyone know what the material is on those oro shorts?

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I'm about your size, would you mind posting fit pics of the XL pigtail? Hoping it fits a little slouchy like the Kanye airport sweater

10. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

Interested to see how you like the Paneled Shorts. I've been considering them for this summer, but I'm not sure how they fit.

11. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Great.. I will take your advice. I'm in a market for it.. any suggestion and color?..
    I was looking into Koio Collectives Hi-Top in Gray, White or Black or what JE shoes would
    Complete my look?.. Thanks [​IMG]

12. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Personally I don't like the intense contrast of wearing white and black at the same time, so I would say some sort of high top in gray/black for the most versatility in winter fits. Low tops if you want to wear them in the summer months as well. Not sure about Koio, but you'll see a lot of people wearing common projects around here which are a personal favorite of mine for the quality and versatility.

Lurk around, look at lots of pics, and I'm sure you'll find something which fits your style.

1 person likes this.
  13. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

If you want a premium minimal sneaker, nobody has managed to get close to Common Projects Achilles still imo. Something about the toe box just elevates them.

14. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thank you Both.. I'm taking notes and suggestions and look around. I'll check out common projects asap.. I'll be researching..
    I appreciate for looking out and suggesting what works.. Thanks [​IMG]

15. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

That's what I'm saying.. one of the best fabrics ever especially for shorts. I saw one guy post in here that the material was like "rigid mesh material which is simply awful" and I was thinking damn guy must not even have tried em on or felt the shorts in person and is simply hating.. Wearing in the heat is going to be amazing. When I put them on I am always reminded of the Jay-Z line "linen shorts so my balls don't get hot". Beige raschels bro, an instant classic

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  16. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The embroidery is a little weird to me. Are they swim trunks?

17. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

@jstrath406
    To Me it's more of a classic fit ..i copped a small..i also have the court and cargo shorts from previous seasons in the same size..i wouldn't say baggy tho..loose and classy right at the knee..u can rock a tee or button up with this I think..perfect for summer and that fl heat..material is sick sick...if your on the fence and would like some super chill shorts u won't be disappointed

1 person likes this.
  18. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Definitely passing on those. Don't like that embroidery whatsoever.

I didn't like them when the lookbook dropped either. One rule to JE is if you aren't feeling it in the lookbook, don't cop. The urge can grow.. I can feel it too.. I didn't even want the beige raschels but now that I have them there's no way in hell I could send them back..

19. Fresh718

Fresh718 Well-Known Member

Will do soon as I get home

20. Fresh718

Fresh718 Well-Known Member

Does fit slouchy tho but in a good way