• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joachim Loew's shirts

RustyRyan

Reaction score
For anyone following Euro 2008, anyone have an idea who makes the shirts of the German National team coach Joachim Loew? I really like the way they are cut and they seem to have dart/pleats in the front and in the back. Any insight appreciated!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Strenesse

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Thanks! Would you happen to know the actual model name of the shirt or where it could be purchased online? The only men's models I could find are the "Pernice" and "Poiana"...

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice the fit of his shirt as well, although it seems too tight for his figure. The slim fit trousers look great on him though.

Originally Posted by RustyRyan
For anyone following Euro 2008, anyone have an idea who makes the shirts of the German National team coach Joachim Loew? I really like the way they are cut and they seem to have dart/pleats in the front and in the back. Any insight appreciated!

literasyme

Reaction score
I didn't look tight to me at all -- just very well fitted. I don't particularly care for the front darts, though...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit is nice, but all the darting makes his shirt look like a woman's blouse. Just a wee bit too much.

mrmax

Reaction score
At Germany vs Turkey I noticed that both Loew and Terim had fairly nice shirts, but equally had visible pit stains. Did anyone else see that?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
At Germany vs Turkey I noticed that both Loew and Terim had fairly nice shirts, but equally had visible pit stains. Did anyone else see that?

yup.

mps23

Reaction score
the assistant DA on "Law & Order" also sports darts on both the front & back of his white dress shirts.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I think I remember a Helmut Lang shirt with front darts from the last year or two? Anybody know of any other desingers who offer a shirt with front darts?

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
speaking of coaches, I think a lot of the coaches were dressed pretty well (there are exceptions a la Hiddink and Aragones). One of my favorite outfits were the Swedish outfits, but I didn't think the more modern cut suits and narrow ties looked good on the decidedly older (and fatter) coaching staff.

CatsEyes

Reaction score
Hmmm. What I wondered was: who does Loew get to dye his hair? Because I think he needs to give it up and go grey naturally.

I thought his look was pretty awful, actually. Male middle-aged tragic. Mutton dressed up as lamb, as we used to say in this country.

OK, that's enough mean-spiritedness from me. Great performance from Spain, though.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
the fit is nice, but all the darting makes his shirt look like a woman's blouse. Just a wee bit too much.

I agree with this. The darting is excessive.

I have to say, I'm glad there's somewhere on the internet where I know other people watching the footy will also have noticed the fit of managers' shirts....
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads