• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jil Sander S/S 09

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The first is a little wierd. McQueen has been developing his vision of menswear, so I suppose that some adjustments are not unexpected. .

the thing about McQueen is he appears completely unpredictable...from one season to next there is hardly any continuity, and of course seeing the man himself his designs have no relation to his personal style. I like that he is continually pushing boundaries (his SS 09 collection is hardly warm weather wear)...just disappointed that when the stuff finally hits stores it's mostly overpriced streetwear with the occasional funky patterned button down shirt. Oh and his suits are fused
frown.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Glad to see you dishing out the proper info again, Fok! Even despite the shortcomings discussed, I really like a few of the pieces with the geometrical zipperheads. I'd love to get my hands on at least one item when it all hits the stores.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
A friend and I were discussing the runway pictures and he came up with the coolest description for this suit.
"Walking out of the void"
00040m.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
that effect is kinda cool...reminds me of a cropped photoshop image that had a black background and it wasnt cleanly cut out

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
that effect is kinda cool...reminds me of a cropped photoshop image that had a black background and it wasnt cleanly cut out

I thought that was what it was. I suppose this is it from behind.
00050m.jpg

I wonder if it could be worn without people saying, "dude, you are so badly cropped!"

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems incredibly gimmicky to me. Like something from an early '90s music video.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doesn't make it right. anyone predict zipper pulls on raf s/s 09?

only wearable stuff i've seen is barrett and dell'acqua so far.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't worry kunksta, there will be plenty of dope **** in stores. Raf doesn't just do runway but lots of classic wearables. I'll have to snap a pic of my chunky V with metallic back ribbing on the collar.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think wearability is subjective. It depends on how 'far' an individual is willing to go.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, i rely on raf for the unique pieces (kind of stuff seven buys) but like jil and prada for basics/suits/shirts.

jil does not look like basics.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I think wearability is subjective. It depends on how 'far' an individual is willing to go.

You can wear anything you like, even a garbage bag as socal pointed out but not looking like a fool is a different matter entirely.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'll have to snap a pic of my chunky V with metallic back ribbing on the collar.

That'll be the day...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yeah, i rely on raf for the unique pieces (kind of stuff seven buys) but like jil and prada for basics/suits/shirts.

jil does not look like basics.

you kidding me? Have you entered a Jil Sander boutique lately? It's pretty much all basics. The runway is just for stylized effect.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface

You can even look like Liberace with some gold lame'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads