• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

carlos20co

Reaction score
Railman boots from Toys McCoy, similar to the surveyor boots.

F68541CE-088B-4542-8562-1EB7C727C470.jpeg

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Hey all, have a few John Lofgren items I'd like to trade that I will post photos of soon

1x size medium striped grey shirt
1x Brand NEW cream / pff-white chambray shirt with brown stiching

1x Burgundy Donkey Puncher Boot, size 8.5

Mostly looking for size Large shirts for sale or trade and a size 8 donkey puncher.

Do they stretch? As I may keep the size 8.5 if sizing it better slightly large.

isaho1

Reaction score
Looking to buy Clinch boots Engineers or Grahams in US 12 / Clinch 13. Hope someone has a pair they want to sell/trade

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&S sent me an email for 25% off JL boots in stock. The only ones they had in my size were a pair of whiskey Monkey boots so I ordered them.

I wasn't looking for a pair but 25% off...

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if they just can’t move JL much at retail anymore beyond maybe a few certain styles? Not sure if that whole IG blowup thing really effected the business with his brand.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if they just can’t move JL much at retail anymore beyond maybe a few certain styles? Not sure if that whole IG blowup thing really effected the business with his brand.

Quite possibly. The quality of the boots still stands though. 10 years from now, no one will remember that but the boots will keep on booting.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Nah, these were just styles where they had in leftover runs they hadn’t been able to move, often just a final pair that hasn’t sold; my guess is that instead of listing them as a “Final Few,” S&S tried to entice buyers with an “exclusive sale”… would’ve worked on me, too, but all my sizes were already gone, so… congrats to those who could make it work, tho!

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
What do you mean by "...that whole IG blowup thing..."?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "...that whole IG blowup thing..."?

It was way overblown. He used a hashtag saying "not made in China" and "not made in Indonesia" which some people took as racist implying that if something is not made by westerners or Japanese then it is sub-par. Initially he stood by it and later apologized but the damage had been done.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
It happened well over a year ago, with lofgren making some off-handed comments the were racially driven to sum it up shortly. Think there was a thread on Reddit. It’s all just boots at the end of the day to me though.

It was way overblown. He used a hashtag saying "not made in China" and "not made in Indonesia" which some people took as racist implying that if something is not made by westerners or Japanese then it is sub-par. Initially he stood by it and later apologized but the damage had been done.

the-simpsons-homer.gif

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
My Zerrows showed up for the patina thunderdome. I’m blown away by these boots. Can’t imagine much better quality

I cant believe how thick this Maryam horsebutt is!!

Attachments

• 2B77CDC7-B27D-4414-9383-5250682B6374.jpeg
    2B77CDC7-B27D-4414-9383-5250682B6374.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 8A84C312-13A0-4FC2-AEE0-D2C79AD0BBEB.jpeg
    8A84C312-13A0-4FC2-AEE0-D2C79AD0BBEB.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 94
  • CB09F21A-E566-4C76-9E3A-01F111B481E4.jpeg
    CB09F21A-E566-4C76-9E3A-01F111B481E4.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 95

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy