• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

laphroaig

Reaction score
Has anyone asked for and recevied swatches with their order?
Originally Posted by ApplesHK
He said the button down collar point size was the standard length and that mine (the ones I too to show him) were longer by 1cm. I asked that the longer button down with some roll be listed as my default.
thanks for the buttondown info. I was about to place an order for a few with their standard point lengh based on their pictures. +1 for pictures of the other fabrics too. I'm interested in the true colour of the navy linen.
Originally Posted by cchen
Do post some pics! Do you have the fabriv # for the white sea island cotton?
I'm sure I posted the white sea island cotton earlier in the thread... somewhere.

brittain

Reaction score
Ive ordered a white sea island cotton. It was so ridiculously thin I cant wear it, but I guess if thats what you want, then go for it.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
Ive ordered a white sea island cotton. It was so ridiculously thin I cant wear it, but I guess if thats what you want, then go for it.

that's why pics would help... since opinions seem to be differing

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got maybe my 10th jantzen shirt in the mail, great service, cannot recommend enough, I don't see myself ever switching shirtmakers at this pricepoint

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
... and after 1 wash it's holding up nicely.

Ha ha ha. ONE WASH? Way to put it through the paces.
smile.gif

My issue with Jantzen was that after 20 to 30 or so washes, they had shrunk to be almost unwearable (super short sleeves, collars that I can't wear with a tie anymore). Not a big loss considering the cost, but makes them less appealing.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
smile.gif

My issue with Jantzen was that after 20 to 30 or so washes, they had shrunk to be almost unwearable (super short sleeves, collars that I can't wear with a tie anymore). Not a big loss considering the cost, but makes them less appealing.

they do shrink a lot i agree, that is why I get the collars a little big and the sleeves extra long, so by the time they fully shrink they fit great

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
smile.gif

How are you washing the shirts?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find with my Jantzen shirts that adding the extra length to the sleeves and one wash and machine dry gets them to the right length. After the first wash I hang dry them only.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better to get the shrinkage out of the way with a couple good warm wash / heated machine dry cycles. Otherwise you're going to see the same shrinkage gradually happen over time, meaning that in the meantime you'll likely compound the mistake with subsequent orders.

ApplesHK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paul
Was this custom tailored for you? If so, did you have this done in HK?

Yep, tailored for me. One measuring up session and then a fitting where Ricky made some minor tweeks.
Was back into Jantzen's this morning to pick up 5 new shirts and afterwards sat wading through book after book noting numbers for my next order. Interestingly, Ricky was dealing with one customer after another and all for suits. One chap was being very particular about wanting a snug fit (Jantzen seems to attract body builders for some reason) and the suit looked superb....such a shame because he was going to end up looking like some nightclub bouncer! I actually sat for about an hour watching and listening and it was an interesting experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads