• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's new "O Project" stuff up on Coverchord.

I still wish there was some actual sizes instead of one size fits all style.

SuspensionPoint

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jan-Jan Van Essche Project #4 is now available at Suspension Point.

For Project #4, titled Each One Teach One, Jan-Jan Van Essche contemplates reconstruction and renewal as a creative (and spiritual) process. He celebrates the past while continuing to move forward. A major influence is Boro, a traditional Japanese technique of embroidery patchwork repair, which the designer has re-interpreted into his own vision.

If you have questions about the designer, specific styles, sizing, or anything else don't hesitate to contact us.

Shop the collection at suspensionpoint.ca.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That O project looks amazing. Is pricing comprable with his mainline?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Supposedly cheaper as it's a diffusion line but yeah it's not really much cheaper.

I want the turtleneck bad but either it's not made in bigger sizes or nobody buys bigger sizes since it's all in Japan.

And I'm fully aware how horrible it looks here:

Last edited:

Mojo1990

Reaction score

O Project has a website now including a list of stockists...seems like it's still only available in Japan. But might help hunting down pieces for a proxy purchase for anyone who's interested.

https://www.o-project.be/

Are you able to locate the stores that have this Knit top?

And this cardigan:

I would really appreciate your time :)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Coverchord has the turtleneck, lantiki had pretty much everything last I checked too. @curiouscharles had talked about hopefully stocking O Project in the future as well.

the kidcrash

Reaction score
Only just saw this thread but I'm excited to see people talk about O Project. I'm a fan and hope they bring it stateside soon. Couple stockists I like:

http://fudgeupnothing.com/?mode=cate&cbid=2111614&csid=0

http://rideal.biz/?mode=cate&cbid=2066582&csid=0

http://shop.kink-nagoya.com/?mode=cate&cbid=2136372&csid=0

and Lantiki of course.

I bought a pair of the O Project balloon pants and a hoodie earlier this year from Kink. I love them. Honestly the quality really isn't too far from 'mainline' Jan-Jan. The pieces may not have as many nice details as the usual collections but it's all made in Belgium and maximum comfy. I love that everything's one size fits all. Couldn't afford any of the knit coats but they're very nice in person, definitely my favorite part of the line.

I actually didn't own anything from Jan-Jan's regular collections until recently and frankly, I have no clue why I waited so long. Gorgeous fabrics and his stuff pairs perfectly with all of my drapey clothes. Just grabbed a pair of pants from Suspension Point's sale, hoping they fit as well as the ones I already own.

Last edited:

the kidcrash

Reaction score
Yeah you can probably count on the same stockists previously mentioned, shouldn't arrive until early next year. highly recommend subscribing to Lantiki's emails because they'll definitely mention when the new collection comes in and if it comes in for them, it'll be in the other stores soon after.

Some great O Project stuff showed up on Yahoo! recently actually. Dunno if I'm allowed to post links to auctions but there's a massive oversized knit at 10k yen (originally priced around ~60k iirc), and a few shirts.

I've been buying JJVE pieces like crazy actually. Probably gonna shift my O Project pants soon now that I have more Jan Jan pants than I know what to do with.

Last edited:

curiouscharles

Reaction score

Yeah you can probably count on the same stockists previously mentioned, shouldn't arrive until early next year. highly recommend subscribing to Lantiki's emails because they'll definitely mention when the new collection comes in and if it comes in for them, it'll be in the other stores soon after.

Some great O Project stuff showed up on Yahoo! recently actually. Dunno if I'm allowed to post links to auctions but there's a massive oversized knit at 10k yen (originally priced around ~60k iirc), and a few shirts.

I've been buying JJVE pieces like crazy actually. Probably gonna shift my O Project pants soon now that I have more Jan Jan pants than I know what to do with.

Yeah, no distribution outside Japan yet.

I'll make sure to bug Pietro and Jan-Jan about letting me take on those responsibilities when I visit them in Paris this coming January.

When I mentioned it last trip they seemed interested in the idea... and... well... I want O-Project at my store, so... [lezmakeithappen]

Last edited:

the kidcrash

Reaction score
just ordered another shirt. i think i have a problem.

in relevant news, i found the sneakers they often use for JJVE/O Project lookbooks. The brand is called CEBO

http://cebo-schoenen.be/

the quality probably isn't much compared to military repro-style sneakers like warehouse/cabourn/moonstar but i like the silhouette

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgegerta08