• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE

SuspensionPoint

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We sent out a newsletter to our pre-order mailing list. The email may have ended up in your spam folder, so please let us know.

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score
Washi is a type of paper, but really the composition would be more accurate if it was something like "49% wool 46% tree fibres 5% polyester", because this type of fabric is completely unlike paper as we are familiar with it.

Last edited:

SuspensionPoint

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jan-Jan Van Essche Project #3 is now online at Suspension Point. This season Jan-Jan continues to improve how his pieces drape on the body by reducing seams, adding vents, adapting tailoring construction, and using kimono-style cuts. Handwoven flax rope is a showpiece textile, but various weights of specked fabrics add beautiful depth to the garments. Some of our favorite pieces look deceptively simple, but really come alive when worn:

For Project #3, titled Wadada (Love in Iyaric), Jan-Jan Van Essche’s thoughtful approach to simplicity continues. Unnecessary seams are eliminated, allowing the garments to move and drape even more naturally. Following this season’s theme, Jan-Jan explores his love of hand-work with an intricate flax rope weave.

Shop the collection HERE (all prices are in Canadian dollars)

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow got my pre order in from this collection and could not say nicer things about the fabric and styles offered for AW15.

The especial stand out is the eggplant ridged fabric -- got the kimono blazer and the pants in the fabric and it really is exceptional.

The washi/wool blend is great too as is the linen/wool speckled and the coated denim and the rough linen (jumpsuit in this is especially lux and amazing) and the morion blend striped shirt.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow got my pre order in from this collection and could not say nicer things about the fabric and styles offered for AW15.

The especial stand out is the eggplant ridged fabric -- got the kimono blazer and the pants in the fabric and it really is exceptional.

The washi/wool blend is great too as is the linen/wool speckled and the coated denim and the rough linen (jumpsuit in this is especially lux and amazing) and the morion blend striped shirt.

dude @Abraxis post some pics

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 on the speckled wool/linen. have that one kimono jacket from collection #4 and the fabric is unreal. seriously considering getting that trucker jacket now though i will admit the price on it is quite dear... blazer would have been in the running if it weren't for those jet pockets.

that coated cotton 'chintz' fabric is great too. totally waterproof but drapes like fine cotton.

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New JJVE up at Atelier Solarshop. This yak and linen knit looks gorgeous.

some pics available from Lantiki (JP)

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hlorenzo just posted up its yak linen buys to -- black/natural for both cardigan and the short sleeve where my pre-order sadly got canceled due to yak shortage :(

So picked it up there at a much higher cost.

Really -- you guys should pick up the eggplant ridged fabric kimono/pants suit at Atelier solar shop. I have it from the pre order and can wholeheartedly claim that it is the best fabric of the season amongst a lot of great fabrics.

I love the rough linen too, picked up almost every piece produced in it, but the long sleeve jumpsuit especially is perfection.

Morion fabric is really good too -- very sad I missed out tunic #7 in it.

Actually I guess I had a fit pic I took for someone to check the piece out and the kuboraum glasses i picked up -- didn't bother tying up my boots even here you go in case anyone was interested....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member