• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Bond to wear Crockett & Jones

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I just want to be able to get them on deep discount. :D

They've even shut down everyone's favorite Southeast Asian discount site. These are truly sad times.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In recent times the demand for Crockett & Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries.
However, for customers willing to wait 8 - 10 weeks for a particular shoe, please advise us accordingly. Furthermore, we will be also placing on our Web Site styles /sizes that become readily available as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience our action may cause you.

Yup, this has been going on for over a year now at least.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is now I have people at my work who never heard of C&J before starting to ''like it'' all after seeing Skyfall I would guess.

We will see all kinds of people wearing C&J...

Longmorn

Reaction score
Didn't 'all kinds of people' wear C&J before? Not sure what you're driving at with this comment.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While most fans are aware of Daniel Craig wearing Tom Ford clothing, Craig insisted on Crockett & Jones shoes.
Here is the press release from their web site:
http://crockettandjones.com/News/Index/James-Bond-Skyfall-Crockett-and-Jones
They will be doing a more elaborate release with videos shortly.
Stay tuned....

Glad to see that Bond's style is finally catching up with mine :nodding:. I've been wearing (brown) C&J Tetburys for more than year!

(Unfortunately, this probably means my wait for another pair to show up on ebay is probably in vain)

Last edited:

dinowhite

Reaction score
While I am not privy to C&J strategy it is quite stunning how fast they have recently increased the number of retail outlets in London. Until a few years ago as far as I know they had two shops in the Jermyn Street area and one in the city. All of them pretty small. Then a couple of years they opened a much larger shop in Jermyn Street (there are now three in a 250 m radius) and recently another 'large' shop near Harrods.

They seem to be doing something right in terms of marketing as I don't believe the product has changed much quality-wise, while their prices have increased well above inflation rates

This trend to open more brand-exclusive shops can be seen across the board in the UK, as both Cheaney and Barker have been doing it in London recently. I assume it has become more attractive to own (if that is indeed the case) the sales channel. rather than rely on third parties.

there are probably other SF members that have a deeper insight regarding what is behind this trend...please share.

CandJONLINE

Reaction score
We are not sure of the rules and regs of companies posting, but please feel free to contact us on [email protected] if there are any problems...

It is great that Crockett & Jones have so many customers out there that enjoy discussing our shoes and company history, it is testament to what five generations and great work force have achieved over the years. We will only ever use this user name to reply to incorrect facts as and when they are raised.

We can confirm that Crockett & Jones did not pay for product placement in any of the films named in this thread.

CandJONLINE

Reaction score
C&J website currently says this:

In recent times the demand for Crockett & Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries.

However, for customers willing to wait 8 - 10 weeks for a particular shoe, please advise us accordingly. Furthermore, we will be also placing on our Web Site styles /sizes that become readily available as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience our action may cause you.
This is not a quote from the C&J website, this is a take on a statement that was released to online resellers of our shoes due to production constraints. 100% of our shoes are manufactured at our Northampton factory and we only have a finite amount of production with a responsibility to ensure production to bricks and mortar customers.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not a quote from the C&J website, this is a take on a statement that was released to online resellers of our shoes due to production constraints. 100% of our shoes are manufactured at our Northampton factory and we only have a finite amount of production with a responsibility to ensure production to bricks and mortar customers.

w00t! C&J company posting!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ohai! I think it's awesome that an established SF darling like C&j's decided to register and participate on the forum.

Of course, it's only a matter of time before SF screws it all up like it normally does and makes them regret it

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CandJONLINE, welcome to Styleforum. We are honoured to have you here with us.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics