• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

oudwood

Reaction score
Man, I'm really kicking myself for not buying Julians in Ocre. If anyone happens to see these around anywhere for sale, please do let me know! It appears that the Julian has been retired as sunglasses, I see them only on the JMM site in optical.

One last thing, I'm about to pick up Vendome in Noir 5 but I'd love to change the lenses to the Tuscan brown colored lens found in the beluga colorway. I think it would look stellar. I've never gone the custom lens route.. are places able to correctly replicate lens colors from other glasses? Also what have people been paying for custom lenses (non RX, just color). The place I tried the Vendomes at quoted me $460.. yikes.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm really kicking myself for not buying Julians in Ocre. If anyone happens to see these around anywhere for sale, please do let me know! It appears that the Julian has been retired as sunglasses, I see them only on the JMM site in optical.

One last thing, I'm about to pick up Vendome in Noir 5 but I'd love to change the lenses to the Tuscan brown colored lens found in the beluga colorway. I think it would look stellar. I've never gone the custom lens route.. are places able to correctly replicate lens colors from other glasses? Also what have people been paying for custom lenses (non RX, just color). The place I tried the Vendomes at quoted me $460.. yikes.
Zoomer is a popular lens vendor with members on this thread. Great customer service. Can’t remember what they charge, around $100 for non Rx IIRC.

I’m lucky to have fuse lenses about 30 minutes from me where they will cut lenses for me while I wait. About $40 to $60. Lots of mirror / flash colours and a few standards in brown and grey, polarised or not your choice.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the beer, but these Whiskeyclone are fast becoming my most worn pair.

View attachment 2115531

Curiously, was never impressed by the Whiskeyclone (ridiculous name, by the way), but this picture has struck me, a really great fit. It's the Frech singer Matt Pokora, whom I never heard of.

Screenshot (1046).png

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of NIB vendomes in Noir if you’re interested. Also zoomer lenses can do custom tints. I did peach for a pair of Enzos. And a place in NYC is pretty well known for custom tints as well though I can’t remember the name at the moment for the life of me. I’m sure someone else can chime in.

obecity

Reaction score
Why on earth do you care so much?
This electronic bulletin board is the bedrock of my social life. As such, I feel it my duty to keep it on the up-and-up. I’ve been around here a long time, since oh about page 400, and I’ve done a lot to keep things on topic and moving forward. Quite simple really.

This is the most difficult and straight up frustrating part of the brand: When (or if) to buy. I feel your pain brah.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my Juliens in charcoal with purple lenses. 39/350. Perfect condition. PM if interested

IMG_8387.jpeg

Hannibal4242

Reaction score

I notice that with JMM especially the FOMO( fear of missing out for those who are acronym challenged lol) is hightened

oudwood

Reaction score
I notice that with JMM especially the FOMO( fear of missing out for those who are acronym challenged lol) is hightened

I think the brand capitalizes on this mentality. I have to stop and question myself. Do I actually want this frame? Or do I just kind of like it, but it might be gone tomorrow and then I'll never have it.

It's frustrating. But it's the game we play. Fast decisions are required. It's something that I'm not too good at haha.

obecity

Reaction score
I think the brand capitalizes on this mentality. I have to stop and question myself. Do I actually want this frame? Or do I just kind of like it, but it might be gone tomorrow and then I'll never have it.

It's frustrating. But it's the game we play. Fast decisions are required. It's something that I'm not too good at haha
I’m currently battling this as it pertains to the Earl. I really want them though they may be on the small size for a fat headed feller like me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads