• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Peyote Tropic
IMG_9488.jpeg

Pechelman

Reaction score
I want to like these, and maybe it's the lighting or pic but they look like cheap plastic.

Tried these on at a trunk show this past week and that's how they appeared in person as well. They had all of the colors and each looked like this imo. The only thing I somewhat liked from the new releases were the Wesley's with the feather wirecore but overall decided against them since I liked what I already owned more.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the challenger, but I"m not into the color schemes. Hopefully they throw up some more in the near future.

I was initially into the Aida in tang, but now I'm leaning towards the gold ones (even though I already have the Reynolds in gold). I'm gonna sleep on it and see where I"m at tomorrow.

I like my acetate frames from them, but I think sytlistically the titanium ones are more sleazy, and hence better.

I'm also way into Jerome referencing such a killer movie, which I think lost some of its coolness after Tarantino's death proof abortion.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Challenger in Agar (200 pieces batch) already sold out.

The brand seems to be more successful than ever.

Screenshot (434).png

man_of_seal

Reaction score
I'm searching for a pair of new glasses and stopped by the local optician to try on a few JMM frames.

Dealan (unsure of colour):
IMG_8010.jpeg

Insley (Oak):
IMG_8012.jpeg

Fontainebleu (Agar):
IMG_8007.jpeg

Went in with my eyes on the Fontainebleau but I'm (surprisingly) leaning towards the Dealan - always figured they would be too big on my face but maybe not?

Looking to crowdsource some opinions on which pair suits my face best?

brown2190

Reaction score
I'm searching for a pair of new glasses and stopped by the local optician to try on a few JMM frames.

View attachment 1953341

Insley (Oak):
View attachment 1953343

Fontainebleu (Agar):
View attachment 1953345

Went in with my eyes on the Fontainebleau but I'm (surprisingly) leaning towards the Dealan - always figured they would be too big on my face but maybe not?

Really digging the Dealan on you. I feel they can be difficult to pull of for men but they look great on you!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me 1 and 2 look good, 3 is my least favorite. I also usually think I know what I am going to want until I go in and try stuff on, and then it's often the opposite.

Congrats on finding some good frames, though. Good lookin dude.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1953341

Insley (Oak):
View attachment 1953343

Fontainebleu (Agar):
View attachment 1953345

They all look good, but I prefer the Dealan.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Challenger in Agar (200 pieces batch) already sold out.

The brand seems to be more successful than ever.

View attachment 1953313
I’m thinking they sold whatever they had available for pre-sale. Of the 200, a bunch of those go to retailers as well. And since their production tends to run behind, they may be releasing in batches as they’ve done previously.

Pechelman

Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is what drives me absolutely bonkers about many JMM frames and the wire core setting. It turns me off so many designs. Jerome having a background in graphic design surely understands that anything that is not parallel just looks so wrong, and it seems there's been no attempt to correct these obvious flaws.

Call me picky but I will not burn money on something that irks me this much. Even the frames like Felson and Montana for example that have temples with a small vertical height dimension and exposed wire core are bang on perfectly parallel, so why can't this be consistent across all offerings. Truly bewilders me. The biggest offender is the ENZO. I want to love this frame but I just cannot.

I brought this up very politely at a trunk show and the rep's explanation was because they're all hand injected so dinner might be crooked and that it wasn't intentional... If you buy that. Regardless of the past, it came up in conversation because I noticed the new Enzos he had there had dead straight wirecore. Also he noted that they increased the width of it to match the very wide temples of this frame. Maybe the extra width more easily helps them get it aligned?

swf999

Reaction score

View attachment 1953341

Insley (Oak):
View attachment 1953343

Fontainebleu (Agar):
View attachment 1953345

Dealan - Yes. The frame stands out, it fits well and defines well. Dark Havana colour does provide a definition. Usually me being brown skin, light brown on brown skin mutes the look and doesn't go well on my skin tone. But with that Dealan, you are nailing that look! Oval shape face really compliments with that frame. That cat eye shape gets softens and gives you a great look. First sight at that frame, my mind want to come to you and say, great frame mate! I wish I can pull off Dealan.

1) Insley - Nah! Looked more like Harry Potter in acetate frame. Not a good look. Brown frame on brown skin doesn't go well. It mutes the aspect of definition of the frame.

2) Fountainbleau - It's okay. Perhaps may look good if you are dressed up in suit. But on T-Shirt or casual outfits, it blahs out a bit. Even though eyes are in the centre, it just feels like there is so much empty space surrounding the eyes. The frame looks more floating rather than fitting stylishly. If you want to go in round shape, then try Henri or the one from their Kyosho collection. They would look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads