• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does 1269 accept returns for refunds?
Yep. I'm in Canada, so I think I'd have to pay return shipping if it doesn't work out.

"CAN I RETURN OR EXCHANGE MY ORDER?

That is correct. Welcome to return within 10 days of receiving the product. Some items could be listed as final sale and will appear on the product page. For more information, please visit the "Shipping & Returns" page."

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
There’s a pair here in AU, and in USD it’s under retail.

Here's a few more online vendors who still have hickory in stock.

Last edited:

korektphool

Reaction score
There’s a pair here in AU, and in USD it’s under retail.

Thanks a lot. With the recent strength of the USD, this is a very compelling price.

Separately, how does everyone think about the relative 'value' of JMM's acetate frames versus the metal frames? From my perspective, I see JMM's acetate offerings as being quite differentiated in terms of the shapes and colours. I'm not quite sure about the titanium frames, and although I do like some of them like the Jagger and Marbot, they are often USD 200-400 more expensive than the acetate frames.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. With the recent strength of the USD, this is a very compelling price.

Separately, how does everyone think about the relative 'value' of JMM's acetate frames versus the metal frames? From my perspective, I see JMM's acetate offerings as being quite differentiated in terms of the shapes and colours. I'm not quite sure about the titanium frames, and although I do like some of them like the Jagger and Marbot, they are often USD 200-400 more expensive than the acetate frames.
Not a fan, but it depends on your reference point.

I got into JMM through Moscot, so I'll always like the "chunky acetate with classic but slightly exaggerated styling" look. That's what I associate with JMM.

So when I see thin, "flimsy" looking frames, it's visually not attractive for me. JMM's titanium frames look somewhat generic to me.

lsterling

Reaction score
Not a fan, but it depends on your reference point.

I got into JMM through Moscot, so I'll always like the "chunky acetate with classic but slightly exaggerated styling" look. That's what I associate with JMM.

So when I see thin, "flimsy" looking frames, it's visually not attractive for me. JMM's titanium frames look somewhat generic to me.
I agree that the titanium frames are more generic-looking than the acetate, but I still think they're handsome frames. My main issues are the significantly higher price (not to say it isn't justified, but not justifiable for me) and the fact that I'm naturally hard on sunglasses and those thin frames make me nervous.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that the titanium frames are more generic-looking than the acetate, but I still think they're handsome frames. My main issues are the significantly higher price (not to say it isn't justified, but not justifiable for me) and the fact that I'm naturally hard on sunglasses and those thin frames make me nervous.
It would help if there were more on face photos available of the titanium frames, but they're not super common outside of JMM model shots.

I didn't even mention the price because that's the nail in the coffin for me.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score

I currently do not own any JMM titanium frames, or any brand now for that matter but in days gone by I've owned many Dita and Oliver Peoples titanium navigator frames and they always had nice balance and weight due to the thicker temples/arms. I remember when trying on the Jagger the first time and thinking oh f&#k these feel too wispy and light for me to wear....I'm gonna lose these for sure lol.

notmandatory

Reaction score
too rich for my blood but I always liked the Duke

gold_36b2a2ca-4493-45aa-afa0-d012be846137_852x.jpg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Titanium frames are eminently more comfortable to wear in the heat and humidity than the super thick acetate frames.

I made my living as a welder and although I am nearsighted I have excellent close up vision. As a result I was always taking my glasses off and on setting them down and knocking them off things. Titanium frame were the best thing since peanut butter imo way stronger and more flexible that anything else.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I love the titanium frames as much as the acetate ones. The 1962’s, Peyotes and Beauregards are personal favorites. They have really nice details that the acetates lack

amby16

Reaction score
I’ve owned an Apollinaire optical since 2018 and I have a double digit negative prescription. They are the lightest optical frames I’ve owned. I am pretty rough with those, and they are still going strong.

I have also owned Cassady prescription sunglasses since 2019. They are heavier but built like a tank. And I have worn them all day on hikes with no discomfort. Love these!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics