• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have the Schindler and have any pics and can comment on fit? I think it’s a medium size. Wonder if it would work for a typical wide...

Also I know you just need to try things on, but do you tend to find as far as overall width, glasses with a smaller lens measurement but wider bridge if numerically close to another pair with larger lens size but smaller bridge can fit similarly, or does that wider bridge (say 5mm) make a big difference as to whether it sits on your nose well or not and is wide enough for your face?
Debating this exact same frame and fit issue.

Dealans have a 5-6mm larger lens size, but a 5mm smaller bridge than the Schindler.

Did you ever end up finding the answer to this?

haydenriley328i

Reaction score
Debating this exact same frame and fit issue.

Dealans have a 5-6mm larger lens size, but a 5mm smaller bridge than the Schindler.

Did you ever end up finding the answer to this?

Don’t own either so I can’t comment a lot but I do have photos where I tried both these on the same day. Photos were not intended to share with the world lol so they’re not great but maybe they can assist. Schindler felt considerably smaller on face. 7AE15A15-2BFD-4C54-86F2-9B1C57C785FA.png 36E476B2-332A-409D-88B4-321B765254F0.png

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t own either so I can’t comment a lot but I do have photos where I tried both these on the same day. Photos were not intended to share with the world lol so they’re not great but maybe they can assist. Schindler felt considerably smaller on face. View attachment 1808889 View attachment 1808890
Damn, thanks man, this went above and beyond. Exactly what I was looking for.

I was thinking of buying the Schindler online and test it out as another prescription pair to my Dealans, but was hesitant due to the massive bridge measurement.

Looks like it will fit just fine based on how both of those pairs fit you.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is any RX pair tax deductible? I was googling around and it seems like it, but I had no idea until just now.

This is from the Canadian perspective, but I imagine the US system can't be too different.

If true, this is a godsend.

haydenriley328i

Reaction score
Is any RX pair tax deductible? I was googling around and it seems like it, but I had no idea until just now.

This is from the Canadian perspective, but I imagine the US system can't be too different.

If true, this is a godsend.
Yep! Deductible as well as not subject to sales tax at least here in the US. And you can of course have a pair of sun turned RX and have the optician include the original lenses if you plan to part with them down the road.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! Deductible as well as not subject to sales tax at least here in the US. And you can of course have a pair of sun turned RX and have the optician include the original lenses if you plan to part with them down the road.
Awesome, this is great to know.

What colour is that Schindler up there that you tried on?

That may just be the summer pair I've been looking for.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried the Schindler a couple of times maybe a year and a half ago. I like the frame and considered it as an optical with transitions option.

Note: it is a relatively small frame and best suited for those who cannot wear the large or many of the mid-sized JMM frames (really thinking in terms of opticals). For example, the Dealan and Fellini are too big for me as opticals, but the Schindler fit reasonably well. I ended up passing because I preferred other models.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Argyle is not as dark as I expected it to be. That's a good thing because I can keep it on my radar now too.
I tried the Schindler a couple of times maybe a year and a half ago. I like the frame and considered it as an optical with transitions option.

Note: it is a relatively small frame and best suited for those who cannot wear the large or many of the mid-sized JMM frames (really thinking in terms of opticals). For example, the Dealan and Fellini are too big for me as opticals, but the Schindler fit reasonably well. I ended up passing because I preferred other models.
I wear the Dealans as opticals, but I'd say they're on the upper limit of what works on me (so for JMM enthusiasts, they're perfect).

I was looking for a pair of bright, summery opticals with transitions and these just might be the ticket for me. They are smaller, but don't look small due to the acetate and angles.

I'll have to check with my Optician though, I'm not too sure how well it will work swapping between 44 and 50mm Rx lenses.

What models did you end up going for?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, Argyle is not as dark as I expected it to be. That's a good thing because I can keep it on my radar now too.

I wear the Dealans as opticals, but I'd say they're on the upper limit of what works on me (so for JMM enthusiasts, they're perfect).

I was looking for a pair of bright, summery opticals with transitions and these just might be the ticket for me. They are smaller, but don't look small due to the acetate and angles.

I'll have to check with my Optician though, I'm not too sure how well it will work swapping between 44 and 50mm Rx lenses.

What models did you end up going for?
At the time, I bought the Akira. I was concerned about the cat eye angles on the Schindler as opticals. Less of a concern with a dark tinted lens. Probably not really a concern, but I needed to choose.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been patiently awaiting the arrival of the upcoming Evans in store for a while now, but I stumbled upon the seemingly impossible to find Felson (in Hickory) at a resale retailer for a decent price! Can’t decide if I can justify having another frame yet but it’d be hard to give these up now that they’re in hand. View attachment 1808513
I pre-ordered the Evans like 4 months ago. It's been a long wait indeed!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the time, I bought the Akira. I was concerned about the cat eye angles on the Schindler as opticals. Less of a concern with a dark tinted lens. Probably not really a concern, but I needed to choose.
Mm gotcha. I find the cat eye on the Schindler and Dealan to be relatively subtle.

I have read comments here that people find the Dealan hard to wear due to the cat eye angle.

Akira looks less bold but a lot more wearable, especially as opticals.

lsterling

Reaction score
Mm gotcha. I find the cat eye on the Schindler and Dealan to be relatively subtle.

I have read comments here that people find the Dealan hard to wear due to the cat eye angle.

Akira looks less bold but a lot more wearable, especially as opticals.
I'm one of those people. Dealan is weird on me if it's not the right color. I have Black Fade, which was the first one I liked on myself, and recently got Empire as well. I don't think I could do one with a completely black front.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those people. Dealan is weird on me if it's not the right color. I have Black Fade, which was the first one I liked on myself, and recently got Empire as well. I don't think I could do one with a completely black front.
Ah interesting, so the opposite of me!

I only seem to like them in full black, but olive has grown on me lately. Though I haven't tried them on myself, only going off of online pictures.

All black adds some intensity and visual weight as mentioned a couple pages ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads