• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm weird and actually think the tarnishing is cool but I can see why this is annoying
Yeah I don’t mind it as long as it doesn’t turn black.
I got a silver hat band made, used the Nick Fouquet JMM one as an example. Very happy with the result but the jeweler thought he was doing me a favour polishing it all until it shone when I’ll prefer it when it gets a bit of oxidizing and looks more ‘lived-in’.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t mind it as long as it doesn’t turn black.
I got a silver hat band made, used the Nick Fouquet JMM one as an example. Very happy with the result but the jeweler thought he was doing me a favour polishing it all until it shone when I’ll prefer it when it gets a bit of oxidizing and looks more ‘lived-in’.

Stick it in a sealed container with a boiled egg, and it'll oxidize real quick.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Before and after of removing the tarnish of the silver. Don’t know how the retailer stored this pair of sunglasses but it wasn’t good!
That patina looks amazing and gives a nice vintage look which actually compliments the context of the frame. Despite the outlay of money, I would have still left it as is tbh and now that you have cleaned it up, you'll need to continue doing that if that's the look you want to retain. Just my opinion which means zero, but I think you made a mistake doing that.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
has anyone done interesting gradients on their rover frames? I have a few and am thinking of changing up the boring grey on one. Nothing too funky - just wanted to get some idea on what could work

yunBW

Reaction score
has anyone done interesting gradients on their rover frames? I have a few and am thinking of changing up the boring grey on one. Nothing too funky - just wanted to get some idea on what could work
not rover but I have done a bi gradient blue and rose on my indigo nakahira. still waiting to get in in-person. Maybe rover might look good with blue graident, but I feel yellow tone should work pretty well maybe a bi graident dark green to yellow or grey to yellow fade

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before and after of removing the tarnish of the silver. Don’t know how the retailer stored this pair of sunglasses but it wasn’t good!

Linen will wrinkle and silver will tarnish, no matter how you store it.

It's one of the reasons because I don't like the Last Frontier range, as well as the opulence of those embellishments. It suits their narrative and aesthetics related to the American native culture, though.

In my eyes your frame looks much better after the cleaning and polishing, but you will have to repeat it from time to time.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want my eyewear to get sick fadez like my jawnz
Nah, Sunglass skin fades is where it's at...
36107ba55f15389af3c36425096418ef.jpg

D32169

Reaction score
Ruby polarized with gold flash

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78