• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah if they brought back the same colours in the same model the exclusivity/limited production thing would mean nothing. Oh, you have the #78 out of 500? We’re doing another 500 next year.

I guess that’s why they have like 20 different variations of black and tortoise.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah if they brought back the same colours in the same model the exclusivity/limited production thing would mean nothing. Oh, you have the #78 out of 500? We’re doing another 500 next year.

I guess that’s why they have like 20 different variations of black and tortoise.
Yeah I’m pretty sure JMM have monthly round table staff meetings were a substantial bonus is offered to anyone who can come up with a new word for ‘black’😀

jeaniusog

Reaction score
Damn my eyes for noticing details.

I've the tiiniest crack on a temple arm. I assume this is nothing to worry about?

I am slightly paranoid that the crack will spread, but not sure how valid that is.

I assume I can just send this off to SBspecs in the future if the temple arm falls apart.

20230820-104844.jpg

they need to start sealing the edges off with metal hardware like they do on last frontier and umit benan pairs. chrome hearts does this with all their pairs. kind of unacceptable for models that are over $1000

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure JMM have monthly round table staff meetings were a substantial bonus is offered to anyone who can come up with a new word for ‘black’😀

They also kinda cheat. See this post by DorianGreen about the Hemmings: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...e-and-the-american-dream.667536/post-11480553

They basically re-issued the hickory Hemmings with a couple of tiny differences and changed the colour name to "teak".

Personally I couldn't care less about the limited edition thing because I don't care about exclusivity and the price alone already makes them a very exclusive thing anyway, but if I cared I guess I would feel kinda cheated.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly Teak is not identical to Hickory, but pretty close. Moreover, with those small changes, it would have been more honest to name the new model Hemmings 2.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Ripley a lot, it’s like a bolder Zephirin. I wish they made them again, but with the show having ended it’s sadly kinda unlikely.

They won't release that model (Ripley for K.L.R.) again, but I would be more optimistic about new colourways.

The Ripley was already released time ago. Here in Taupe.

Screenshot (722).png

Pums

Reaction score
Cant find the 1948’s in a decent price.

What would the closest shape to it?
Dealan’s are kinda heavy ngl so i dont use em so much

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cant find the 1948’s in a decent price.

What would the closest shape to it?
Dealan’s are kinda heavy ngl so i dont use em so much

You could try Jax, Julien and Vendome. Not sure whether they are lighter than the Dealan though.

jeaniusog

Reaction score
lol u guys really eating up the limited edition thing just because they engrave numbers inside the frame. do you really think they only made 25 pairs of camo dealans? imagine the cost of making such a low MOQ item for the factory. i would think its either them getting rid of sample pairs or they are still sitting on sheets of camo acetate

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol u guys really eating up the limited edition thing just because they engrave numbers inside the frame. do you really think they only made 25 pairs of camo dealans? imagine the cost of making such a low MOQ item for the factory. i would think its either them getting rid of sample pairs or they are still sitting on sheets of camo acetate

Are you insinuating they made multiples of a 3/25, 4/25 etc?

jeaniusog

Reaction score
no im not saying that and im not saying just specifically for the camo pairs just the whole idea of "limited" in general.

im just saying dont always believe the hype. maybe they did a sample run with the factory for camo colorways and didnt like the turn out and called it limited and got rid of them? nobody knows. We know they have the mold for these models and a very good relationship with the manufacturers to give them a lot of wiggle room but i highly doubt that they produced just a small amount of Camo Acetate to make 50 pairs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt