• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

happy hooligan

Reaction score
here's a nice comparison pics of the regular 405 and the Ultimate Indy from leathersoul...
3574061087_79919bf64a.jpg
3574872698_2b2d6ce2b3.jpg
3181748558_0302c2b80e_m.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy hooligan, Thank you for posting the pics. I have been going back and forth between the Vintage Indy and the Ultimate Indy for a long time. I think I will be very happy with my Ultimate Indy Pre-order.
smile.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the ULT Indy better.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
'Who is "Cecilia", Alex?' What's the deal? This boot has been available for years, and now people are tripping over themselves to kop just because jcrew is stocking them?
+1 I guess the leather and lining differences go some way to explaining the price differential, but to me it's still not a value proposition. I think the ultimate indy is a better deal.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom from leathersoul also isn't a douche, and thinks of his own ideas.

That's pretty priceless.

jojo1

Reaction score
I don't see these online. Which J Crew carry them?

Also, is there a discount code that could bring the price down?

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see these being put on the website... but I could be wrong. I'd try to use the red phone to call and order them and then use the studen 15% if you can.

Or just buy the original from Leather Soul.

videocrew

Reaction score
I got mine at the Liquor Store in TriBeCa. They are not on the website. I assume you could call the Liquor Store and order them.

Student discount is 15%. That's what I used.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I called and they said that only two stores currently carry them, both stores are in NY. They said that it will be in the JCrew catalog for the winter so there is a chance for a wider release, however, they said that they will only probably get them in "D" sizes, no other widths. They said you can also order over the phone and just return them without a problem if it does not fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads